OBE - Out of Body Experiences
Meditation, induced, frequent flyers, or at-will OBEs
Click category below to read summaries of the experiences. If you want to read more about a particular account, then click the experiencer's name link to read the expanded version of the account.
264. Neha Experience
the Journey was so fast really very rapid, I couldn't make a thought about it
even, my mind was flying so rapidly in an all black space I guess it was
universe but it was just dark and black with some blue white bright and faded
flickering lines and dots, I couldn't see them clearly because I was travelling
with the speed of light and racing of my thoughts I was going in an upward
straight direction like wind flowing on randomly but toward a destination
through a definite path, and there was a doorway at the end it was kind of a
very big gate I it was burning like sun but all around was dark it was in round
shape of red and orange color I guess it was sun I think that wasn't spreading
light around it as I reached near to it
Hindu meditation experience after death of a friend.
different times there have been deceased friends and family. At times ranging
from any & everyone I have ever known that have passed, to no one. Then Jesus &
angels. & at a few occasions a woman & two small children, a boy and girl, the
girl seemed to be older & chasing the little boy. Something in side of me let
me know that those were my children. & the woman, which I felt was my wife, her
face was not clear.
Many meditation experiences.
262. Naomi C Experience 11/22/14 From Singapore Since the first sleep paralysis, I didn't know that I was actually in an OBE state, all I knew my body was super light and I was flying around the house, to the street , I seriously thought it was a dream. Until at a point it happened not just once. And it was just yesterday, OBE happened again, this is the first OBE I have since I got into Singapore. But I kind of fail at this one, once I'm out,, something, like a real human hand pulled me out of the bed, it dragged me (this is the second time it happened : the first time was when I was still in Indonesia) but then I hold on, and I realize that I wasn't out yet. IM still in my body, I'm totally conscious at the time, totally.
In those split seconds I braced myself for the impact of hitting the wall at
the end of the bedroom, then the outer wall of the house, but no impact
happened. I shot straight through the house walls and straight out into the
dark night. I travelled with such a speed that within milliseconds I could
see the light change and I could feel the warmth of being propelled over a
hot country, like Africa. As soon as my mind had caught up with what was
happening to me, I panicked. I didn't understand what was happening and I
was afraid that something bad might happen to me. As soon as I panicked, I
was back in bed in my physical body.
Meditation experience during storm.
I had been studying for an exam in university. I was very tired and tried to
meditate and hypnotize myself to sleep. I first felt very heavy and sank
into the bed. Then I felt a part of me become very light and float out of my
body and rise a above where I was laying. I was fully aware that I was
alive. Whatever I thought happened instantly. I thought I want to go through
the door and I did. I thought I want to go down the hall and I did. I then
thought if I am not in my body could another entity enter it and WHAM, I was
back in my body and shot straight up in bed.
Mediation experience with willed OBE component.
Through these clouds, I was looking down and I saw a coastal city in the bright sun. I thought it was Kobe, but it could have been any other city as well. I was looking around, and also back. From my back side, I saw a straight line, path, going from the end of the horizon until my feet. It was grayish, thin and very light in the texture. I wanted to know what would happen if I made a step. So I started walking and the path was “following me”. I do not know for how long this lasted. The next think that happened, I was back in my body, crying and in shock, not understanding what just happened. Interestingly, I was standing on my feet prior and post this event.
Meditation experience while visiting in Japan.
259. Jo B Experience 8/23/2014 Then one day in May 1990, as Ed and I were driving from the Florida Keys to Jacksonville, it happened. Ed was driving down the highway as I lazily dozed. I was not really asleep, but was in a kind of semi-hypnotic state of drowsiness. Suddenly I whipped out of my body and instantaneously found myself observing a small boy, barely beyond being a toddler, playing on the ground behind an old purple truck. The truck’s engine purred to life. Somehow I ‘knew’ that it was the child’s father in the truck. The entire realization took just a matter of seconds, and in those seconds I also 'knew' that the father did not know that his small son was playing behind the truck.
OBE starting from a dream with remarkable witness of a child being killed. Able to help child go to the light from what she learned during her own prior NDE.
in meditation, I suddenly realized that I was floating in the ocean. I
could hear the bowls that were being played but thought of them as buoys in
the ocean. Then I felt myself rise up and break through into the Universe.
I saw myself floating throughout the Universe. I was the size and shape of
a bean. I had the most comfortable and loved feeling I have ever
experienced. I knew that this was what death and afterlife was. I felt
totally at peace.
From the UK.
I was in a most beautiful state of being where there was no fear at all,
only love. I was with a small group of beings (not sure of the exact
number, around 5 or 6 is my best guess) - the beings were not in a solid
form but made of colored mist, the colors I remember were blue and pink and
peachy colors. My body was similarly not solid but misty. I knew I had to
go somewhere - to Earth was my interpretation; I was not afraid but excited
by the prospect; and I felt that the other beings (who felt something like a
family or perhaps more like a 'soul group') were all supporting me and
encouraging me. My grief was caused by the difference between my experience
of this 'before incarnation' state and the 'embodied human' state - I longed
for the state of blissful, fearless love which I had been in before.
Meditation experience at a Buddhist center in England.
quickly found myself in 'the other side' (as I like to put it).. I was in a
place of pure love and beauty. The landscape and colors were brighter than I
had ever imagined. It was similar to the 'heaven' depiction of the film
'what dreams may come' starring Robin Williams. There were trees and
mountains and a stream.. I felt complete connection with all around me and I
felt pure love emanating from the landscape/energy... By the stream there
'hovered' a beautiful being. She was not human but she was beautiful...
Angelic looking. She had long black hair and was wearing a white dress.
Meditation experience that appears to have led to her finding a small breast cancer.
heard a voice say "open your eyes". I tried to open my eyes but
everything was blurry. Then I watched someone slap me across the face
saying my name. I watched my head swing from one side to the next from
being slapped. But I felt nothing. I watched as though I was
face to face with myself. Someone flashed a light in my eyes. I
heard people panic. A few people were around me, they were deciding
who was going to give me mouth to mouth if I stopped breathing. One
man drew blood and they had it analyzed for drugs. They put tiny
stickers on my body attached to a scanner. On my forearms, chest and
head. One man said, look at her eyes. All this time I kept
losing my vision, so everything turned black, but I never lost the sounds.
Interesting meditation experience that included an OBE.
254. Marco Experience
Italy. Original in Italian, translated to English by Fran.
At that moment, all of a sudden, I felt a strong feeling of lightness, I
felt stuck and at the same time I was floating in the air. The strangest
part of my experience was that I felt a slight feeling of happiness and
amazement! as if I knew what was going on and where I was, despite I wasn't
seeing anything yet around me, because the moment of transition from the
dream to feel shapeless was so quickly, the most surprising thing was the
fact that my mind was traveling at a breakneck speed… I knew, with my eyes
still closed, I was in my room, that I was out of my body, and therefore
there was something beyond the physical body and over the death.
I realized I was
too concentrated on maintaining floating control that I didn't look at the
environment and as soon as I reached the ceiling I began to descend and I
new somehow it would soon be over, I cant describe the feeling of floating
up and down to the ceiling and back , it was amazing, not dream like, very
different to anything and the sense was it was truly happening, I was amazed
at the "frame rate" of my vision, it seems I was perceiving the room moving
super smooth past me as I floated down, that really stood out.
OBE while seeking to have an OBE.
My first reaction was a thought, "Oh my God, I am not body". I continued to
say the mantra, and my mouth felt odd, like it wasn't my mouth moving. My
eye sight was like looking thru a pair of 2 foot long tubes and I was
watching this from my location outside my body. I had the thought, "I wonder
if I could have another thought?" and instantly, I had another thought. I
did this three more times until I had four separate thoughts going, doing
the mantra and watching the whole thing from outside of my body. Then a very
powerful sensation of Joy, Love, and Bliss enveloped me and I felt
omnipotent and omnipresent. I had the thought, "I wonder if I will go back
into my body when I stop the meditation?", and then I stopped the meditation
and was back in my body.
Meditation experience with OBE.
There were US military men and foreign military men that were leading the US
troops in. I Was trying to talk to them and became frustrated that they
could not see me. I then went into a camouflage dessert colored underground
room. There was a map and lanterns on the table and about 5-7 high ranked
officers. They were pointing out towns on a map, saying things like,
"neutral area, escorts, and how many trucks were going in, should not be
hostile area was evacuated." I tried talking to them as well but again I was
ignored. I was then on a truck going with the soldiers there were large
mounted guns, an each truck had 8-10 men on it. We were following a native
military vehicle… The next morning on CNN they had said that the war had
started. I turned and looked at the girl who was standing next to my bunk
when I landed and while pointing at the TV I said "I was there!"
Remarkable meditation experience with OBE to beginning of the Desert Storm war while incarcerated.
250. Michelle Experience
I went to sleep and
had another experience of 'coming out of my body'. This time, I could feel
my fingers and they felt stiff and I looked at myself sleeping but I did not
see my face this time. I then laid back down and what seemed like some kind
of swirl of energy? (I think), I left my living room where I had fallen
asleep and was in a building that looked familiar. The building was old and
I felt that I had been there before. It looked centuries old and I could not
compare it to any time period that I have learned about in school. I then
told myself that I wanted to go and see my cousin. I became really happy. I
was not in a body, I was some kind of essence, and I remember mixing with my
cousin's essence and realizing that we were one. I can not explain, but we
are all one thing. I could feel that it was her, but I was 'mixed' with her,
and I realized that we are all one. I was left very confused when I woke up.
I may have the sequence of events incorrect as I could not feel time.
OBE dream with interesting content.
We were on a mountain, like in Pennsylvania, wooded and filled with brush.
It was fall moving into winter, and the sky was gray and the colors very
faded and brown. It was windy and I had on a jacket. I remember leaning
over a cliff and just lost my balance. I remember falling frantically for a
more sustained period then my short waking up falls. I don't remember ever
hitting the ground. Next thing I know, I was in the most beautiful,
spectacular garden with a white brick path and carefully pruned grass. I
think there was a river at the edge, but I didn't focus much on that. The
colors were so brilliant, and I felt such a sense of peace and joy. There
was a small piano that was rainbow colored. I think there was a bird bath
and birds, maybe bunnies too. I wanted to stay but I couldn't hold onto the
Several OBEs starting as dreams.
248. Menatsea'h Experience 2/24/2014 From Madagascar. Original in French, translated to English by Marguy. Words are not enough to express this impression, of being in unity with the visible and invisible cosmos, starting with the tiniest particle, up to the distant projection of thought.
OBEs with some lucid dreams.
A few seconds after I felt the energy I felt my whole body began to freeze
and tingle and I didn't know what was happening. I remember feeling a bit
frightful yet let go of the fear somehow. The next thing I knew I heard
this loud tornado type noise and I was going through some sort of tunnel.
On the other side there were about 50 light beings that appeared 'Casper the
friendly ghost' like. They were all stacked on top of each other like they
were on bleachers. There were no faces - just white light. I heard the
sound of clapping yet I didn't see any clapping. I didn't know why they
were clapping. I began to float past them all and I remember the feeling of
looking intensively to see if I knew any of them. After I floated for a
while looking I went back to this energy that talked to me - but have no
idea what they said - and shortly after I remember the feeling of going back
into my body. When I came to I knew this was something major.
Meditation experience in an unearthly realm.
this point I just Stopped, I mean one-second I’m travelling at what seemed
to be thousands of miles per hour, the next I’m not. But there was no
transition period! One second I’m falling through this tunnel the next I’m
not. I am just floating in space no longer in the tunnel. All around me
are billions of stars. not like you would see when you look up at the night
sky. These appeared to be yellow spheres all exactly the same size; same
color (flame yellow) and appeared to be exactly the same distance apart,
totally uniform. But what was odd I could see them all exactly the same.
(“Sorry this is hard to explain ”) It didn’t matter how distant the stars
were from me, I could see them all exactly the same. It’s though width and
depth didn’t exist , yet I could perceive width and depth. I remember just
looking at this beautiful scene.
Remarkable OBE during meditation experience.
The second time I went out was some years later, I was working a job in
Independence MO. It was the evening of Valentines Day, I was missing my wife
and kids, so I thought I would go visit them in W. P MI., that night. The
next morning at 6 a.m. I got a call from my wife, she said you need to talk
to the boys. She said they came into our room looking for you, they thought
you had come home. They said I had checked on them that night, so they knew
I was home. They were disappointed I was not home. That was the longest
trip I had made yet, and was very enlightening, as well as very scary.
Several interesting OBE experiences.
I knew what was taking place but could not communicate it to the others at
the house and after a period of time I left to drive home. I do not remember
driving home or anything else that happened to me from the time I said my
goodbye's that evening until waking the following morning in my bed. I
awoke that next morning with the memory of soaring with my impish companion
over the earth and through the universe and experiencing the birth of
galaxy's and deaths of older fragile galaxy's. I was shown many wondrous
sites and experienced many un-explainable feelings. One memory I did retain
was a futuristic foggy image of a hospital room with a concerned nurse named
Anna and a technician named Gabe and the dark shadows allowing me to return
to my body.
Entity encounter- with remarkable OBE journey.
was so excited and my wife was scared. Then she got out to make a call, and
when she put in a dime, coins poured out into her hands as well. When I saw
that, tears started rolling down my face. When she god back into the car, I
said - I have something to confess. I asked her about a certain night when
they had chicken to eat with green beans, her Dad was wearing a white
t-shirt sitting at the dinner table, I described what she was wearing, her
brother was wearing, and what was on TV. She said, stop it - you're scarring
me. I said, that's not all. Afterward I asked the "cosmic consciousness",
whatever is out there, and if it was real, I want to see money literally
pouring into my hands .. and my wife's also. I had almost forgotten about
that, until I saw her at the pay phone. It dawned on me what I had asked
for, and it had to wait till she came back for it to happen.
Remarkable OBE with verified observations at a far distance. Remarkable also that he asked for ‘cosmic consciousness’, if real, to see ‘money literally pouring into my hands’. And it happened.
242. Marcus Experience
I fell asleep telling myself I would try to induce an out of body experience
(OBE). I became consciously aware of my self while in a dream and sat up in
bed. I stood up next to my bed and began to realize that I was separated
from my body. My room was exactly as it is in reality. It was dark, the glow
of a street light coming in from the window was there. It was very real. I
turned to see myself lying in bed. I saw the blanket and the bed and my
general form and then became very frightened and did not allow myself to
look at my face. I tried to scream for my wife. I was paralyzed, unable to
scream and closed myself out of the whole experience. I woke up after a few
seconds of absolute terror calling my wife's name (she was in bed next to
Two induced OBEs.
Every time I was roof dreaming or playing hide and seek I was fully awake.
Fully awake. Sometimes I would sit up there frustrated that I had no idea
how to wake my family or neighbors. I had no idea what a UFO was. If I may
have seen one back in 1965 on TV or magazine.....they probably were the std
mid sixty type saucer UFO . The ones I saw were pretty much like the CE
types. Note: as an adult I would wake in a dream and be stating at the exact
same ships while standing in a field. I had no idea where I was..... I did
not care either- too focused on the light ships.
Multiple OBEs starting at around age 7-8.
Through my heart I could feel a massive channel of pure energy coursing. I
felt my body ''physical and emotional'' was still so dense and blocked by
memories and limiting concepts. This denseness constrained the energy. Yet
I felt it fully, perfectly. It was tremendously powerful, like a thick rope
of solid energy running vertically through me. It was more than a feeling
of love. It was knowing that I am love. I am energy. That is the nature
underlying the mind and perceived reality. There was no separation. Only my
mind had separated me. It was wonderful, extraordinary. It was the coming
home I had yearned for all my life. "I", Damien, was still present like an
observer but I knew that my so-called identity was not lasting or real, only
words and images and feelings I had assumed for this lifetime.
Profound mediation experience.
There was an open door to my left that I had been instructed to go through
but I hesitated because I was torn between the thought of my children and
the immense feeling of peace, expansiveness and amazing well being that is
impossible to describe, that I was experiencing in the small room. I did
not want to leave that feeling. I knew I was instructed to go through the
door but I knew there would be no returning to my children if I did. I
hesitated and stayed in that room long enough that my husband spoke to me
and when he did I was instantly back in the bed. I was mad that he had
interrupted such a beautiful experience… It is possible that it was
psychological but how could my husband initiate this through prayer?
Husband prayed, and she had an OBE.
I was then in a very dark endless void, with a light in the upper left hand
corner that is very hard to describe. It was very bright, but you could look
at it and not hurt your eyes. there was also knowledge in the light, but I
cannot really describe it. Then a being appeared to my right, which I could
identify as make, however all I could see was the silhouette of the being,
but I could sense it was a male. The being "said" to me, "Your father is
going to die." The being more communicated it to me in a telepathic sense. I
then snapped back into consciousness instantly and was very freaked out. I
told a close friend about it within a few minutes, and called my mom back
home the same day to relay the story to her. I also told her to tell my
father to go to the doctor. He did not, and died of a massive heart attack a
Meditation experience with OBE and premonition about the death of his father a month later.
The out of body
experience occurs on waking. I am fully awake and aware. There are no
bright lights, or anything which could be considered unusual. I am floating
at ceiling level and, able to look down upon myself in bed. This lasts a
short while, maybe, a couple of minutes, then I go back into my body. At
this point, although I am in my body, I cannot move and, I cannot speak. I
find this part frightening as, try as I might and despite a determination to
move or, to cry for help from my husband, I cannot. This paralysis lasts
for a few minutes. I then return to normal. I have no warning when these
episodes will occur. They do not link in to any particular life event,
illness, etc. I have experienced them over more than three decades, but not
for the last couple of years. That said, the episodes happen in an
irregular way and, sometimes with a number of years between them.
OBE dream with associated sleep paralysis occurring over decades.
I wanted to, I could feel the walls, the table, the window and everything
outside the window. If I wasn't sensing it or feeling it, it was my choice.
It was nice gentle feeling. A kind of mix of curiosity and a sense of
wonder. A few minutes passed like that. I was relaxed, completely opened up
mind in all directions. It cannot be described in words. It was experience
of void. It was beyond good or bad. Then suddenly a
thought/sensation/feeling arose inside me that it's not my time to be here
yet. With that, I was almost pushed back into my mind, into my body and the
body and mind functions began again.
Hindu meditation experience.
I felt as though I was almost in a euphoric state and remembered every
moment of the experience. Since I rarely remember a dream, I am certain I
was fully awake. A couple of weeks later, I traveled back to her, I assume
so she could demonstrate to me that I was not dreaming. I was able to travel
pretty much at will, and even visited a neighbor's home on one occasion to
try to validate that the experience was real. I witnessed an argument
between my neighbor and his wife. The following week he told me they were
divorcing. I tried to visit my sister on my own on one occasion. She met me
half way and turned me around. The message I received from her was that
would be the last time we saw one another.
Multiple OBEs with observations of earthly events and encounter with deceased sister.
H Experiences 5/26/13 This
continued to happen until I told someone, then never again. I've been
thinking about it lately and trying to will it to happen, but no luck. The
part of me that always made me skeptical of this, is that I would always
hear water running, like the sound of the bath tub, and that was what would
lure me to the door, because it was as if something was wrong with the water
being on and a need to turn it off, but I wasn't able to ever get to it
because the light would stop me. Every time I'd touch the light, it was like
a forceful energy. Terrified me at the time, but I wish I could experience
that again now that I am older, I'd experiment a bit.
Multiple recurring OBE dreams at around age 8.
P Experiences 5/5/13 I
will have moments, where I start to feel like I'm watching a movie. Though,
what I am doing is the movie. Almost an out of body experience. I am fully
aware of what I am doing, however, I feel that I am watching myself do it. I
feel like I can't remember what I was doing, who is around, or what I am
supposed to do. Almost like my brain/memory is completely paralyzed. Even if
I am doing things, such as cooking supper or driving a car. It's hard for me
to recall what I was doing after the time of an 'occurrence', but I feel I
was in a dream when I try and remember what I was doing. But when I am
having an occurrence, I am fully aware that I am having one, but I feel like
I'm in a movie. Some times I get scared during an occurrence. And after one,
I almost feel depressed because I have had one. Like I missed some part of
SOBEs, probably autoscopic experiences.
232. Bar Experience
would come out and fly around room and go find mom and dad and fly around
them or I would watch TV show wasn't supposed to see later to see things
that hadn't happened yet it was like watching the day happen and then
picking one moment to focus on and be a part of… watched episode of twilight
zone above mom and dad and then told mom about it next day and what it was
Multiple OBEs as a child age 3-6.
I especially felt the green at the last before I entered into the white
vibrant light. I looked into the green and I saw grass, trees, and beautiful
surroundings before I focused again on the white light. I kept moving
foreword, because I was beckoned to keep on moving forward to this loving
light. When I approached the light there was a very nice being right at the
tip of the light who asked me " Would you like to come in?" At first I said
Yes. The being I'm going to say "He" ... although.... I don't think he was a
male or a female..... "He" was "both" ... just a "loving" being.... At
first I wanted to enter like nothing more I ever wanted in my entire
life...... Then, I suddenly remembered my son....
Meditation experience. Quite NDE-like.
I floated around my apartment about 2-3 ft. from the floor. I looked around
my apartment for a few minutes and suddenly I could hear a car pass by on
the street outside (through my physical ear). When I heard that car, this
spirit body (or whatever you want to call it) dashed quickly through the
wall of my apartment and outside. I saw a small four door white car drive
by. Then I looked at the sky. It was the brightest, most beautiful blue I
had ever seen. I looked at the grass. It was the same, but bright green. It
was so bright and glowing. It was like I had stepped into a painting… I
noticed the next day that one of my neighbors had a four door white car. I
had never noticed them having that car before.
OBE associated with meditation.
Instantly the scenery changed and I was in a cave that opened up to what seemed
to be miles above a huge pit of glowing fire and tortured souls. The feeling of
absolute misery filled me. I asked her if this was hell. No, she replied. There
is no preformed hell waiting for anyone. People who thought they should go to
hell for their deeds would if they believed it. The same applied for those who
believed they would go to heaven. She then began to explain the paradox of what
I was seeing. Even though there was no heaven or hell awaiting anyone, we could
create our own through our beliefs and expectations.
OBE Into beautiful realm, and was shown hellish realm.
R Experience 3/23/13 Then,
a velvet/burgundy sheet-like plane could be seen to my side, and it began to
make sine wave like patterns. Once again it was vast and everywhere I
looked I saw it. The sheet-like plane was within my own body, and was giving
me a sensation of warmness, and complete bliss. In that moment I realized
what true bliss felt like, and how truly connected I was with the universe.
After awhile in this state of bliss, I could start to faintly hear my heart
beat, as if it was calling me back to my body, so I began to feel a
sensation of floating down, back into this reality, and eventually into my
body. I could literally feel myself reentering my body, I felt like a
feather falling from the sky.
Meditation experience with interesting content and insights.
M Experiences 3/18/13 So
the first event was in Peru at an ayahuasca retreat, we were on dieta which
means no salt sugar or oil and very plain foods, usually white. I didn't
take ayahuasca and I was just meditating and I nearly touched the ceiling
while floating I was scarred and tensed up and came back to my body. There
was a deep sucking sound while floating up. I felt numb and cold when I got
down. I did a breathing exercise to initiate that state. Breathe into each
body part and feel it sink 3 rounds of this to float away. Second
experience, on ayahuasca and dieta night time. Vomiting. Shut eyes and see
kaleidoscope world with dancing Buddhas thousands moving, some stepping in a
circular dance… In the same OBE I have sex with my ex bf he acts towards me
as I had acted towards him near the end of the relationship.
Several OBEs. One associated with consuming ayahuasca.
P Experience 3/14/13 From
I directed my focus towards each person sitting on their chair, and large
balls of fire blew out of my stomach like cannon balls and covered each
person in light. This happened for all the people present, after which I
draw my consciousness back into myself. Even no words were spoken; there
seemed to be some form of communication between me and the Light Being. We
were still standing joined at the hands, when all of a sudden I knew it was
time to depart. We moved slowly away from each other, and I became aware of
the tunnel behind me. I stepped into it...somehow entered my lifeless body
and made my way up the passageway into the cave.
Very detailed meditation experience.
225. Lorraine R Experiences 2/16/13 I even have what I call "trigger" sensations while in the hypnogogic state, I recognized the sensations and am usually able to leave my body at will. Interestingly though, several years ago around 2002/2003 I went through a phase of a span of about 2 to 3 years of having intense OBEs multiple times a week, and sometimes multiple times per night. But over the years and currently they have become less frequent (or my awareness of them have decreased). It's almost like I "been there, did that" kind of thing, almost as if I needed to have those experiences at that time in my life. I accept and embrace the OBE experience for what it is, very real to me and a life/belief changing experience.
Multiple OBEs dreams over decades since the age of 5.
In the Spring of 1960, I saw my body in my bed as I rose above my bed and
then out the Window and I kept rising up and up watching my home and
neighborhood and the land where I lived in getting smaller until I actually
rose above the Earth looking at Earth, then I found myself entering a very
very beautiful landscape of rolling hills, lots of Greenery of plants,
trees, and colorful flowering plants, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, it was very
very awesomely beautiful, but then I pondered why I did not see any living
creatures at all, anywhere. I felt very lonesome. Next I was back in my
body, and I pondered about what I saw, I loved what I saw, but it seemed so
lonely. Is this place, and I wondered if this beautiful place was prepared
for future living beings.
OBEs dreams that are very detailed.
When he (Jesus) came back, he asked me if I was ready
to go, and I consented. He told me that he was going to take me back to
Earth. Either we linked arms or he took my hand, and he flew me back to
Earth. He seemed to have been short and thin, maybe with short, dark hair
and perhaps he had wings. Come to think of it, when he had been instructing
me earlier he may have been holding one of those pointer sticks that
teachers sometimes hold when pointing out things that are written on the
board; but again, I really can't say for sure what he looked like. Anyway,
the Earth looked like a blue sphere, and I could see the gaseous, hazy glow
of the atmosphere. The Earth appeared larger and larger as we steadily flew
closer and closer, and once we hit the atmosphere, I returned to my physical
body in the mind-awake/body-asleep state of consciousness.
Amazing couple of OBE experiences!
222. Terri Experience
Then the being left me and I began to fly, it was as if I was able to adapt
to anything I wanted to do. When I hit the water, Gills formed along my jawline
and I was able to breathe under water and swim like I belonged there and all
at once I was able to soar in the air and the fins that I had under water
became wings in the air. I flew over a planet that had no trees or grass but
was mostly water and had a bluish tone to the atmosphere. I flew like a bird
to a cave that was mine and all of the vines and water knew exactly what I
needed there. They produced what my body needed.
Meditation with interesting experience.
221. Child Experience
then decided that I would try to make myself float on my own. I sat on the
floor cross-legged, closed my eyes and started to meditate, until I could no
longer feel my body mass. From complete darkness there was a dot of light,
then all of a sudden the whole area was filled with a room of bright light.
I still had my eyes closed. All of a sudden I felt as though I was floating
in this room. It was the most liberating feeling ever to be free floating
about. I was aware that there was someone else in the room, but didn't know
who. I was also aware that I had a physical body that I was separate from,
but also connected to. My senses were telling me to hurry and return to my
body before it was too late, otherwise I might not be able to get back to
Meditation experience at the age of 5.
felt light, and I noticed I didn't feel the need to take a breath. I took one,
but I didn't need it. So I decided not to take another. The next thing I
remember is an indescribable feeling of peace, and the sensation of floating. It
was the most pleasurable feeling I have ever had, so I opened my eyes, fully
conscious of my surroundings. Nothing was out of place in my room. I had the
shades drawn but they allowed enough light in to see clearly. I could hear cars
going by on the road, my dog outside the door pawing to come in. And that's when
I looked down on myself, and realized I was "up here" and "down there" at the
same time. I wasn't sure what "I" was--I had no sense of a form, but I sure knew
what I was looking down on. My physical body was sitting cross-legged on the
bed, motionless. I heard the dog bark and the next thing I knew I was looking
out of my own two eyes from my sitting position on the bed. I was trembling and
felt fearful. I have never been able to meditate since. The experience left me
sure of two things: It was NOT a hallucination, and if this is what death is
like, it will not be painful… It was joy and peace and love all mixed together,
but those words seem a hollow abstraction next to the direct experience.
OBE during meditation.
At that moment I saw some sort of tunnel and began to journey through, as I
recall, there seem to be souls of people that new me or were there to guide
me, not sure. Then I saw a brilliant light, warm and inviting, all
consuming, all knowing. It knew everything about me, I needed not to speak
but communicated none the less. As that encounter ended I found myself
leaving the ship and my body, drawing away at a steady pace, seeing the ship
and its trail in the moonlight. As I headed away, I remember thinking, " I
hope I can find my way back". I kept moving over the water at a height of
what felt like 50 or 100 ft. Not sure. No idea where I was going and how
much time had passed,,, soon I came over a beach and up and over a boardwalk
and came to rest outside the stone pony, Asbury park NJ. I waited for
someone to open the door and I went in. It was like I was being shown around
the place, looking at all the people as I passed but not being acknowledged
. As I studied my surroundings, I came across one table that my girlfriend
was seated at with some friends. At that moment I knew she was the purpose
of my journey and I became frightened I would not be able to find my body or
my ship, after all, it had been steadily moving across a lot of water.
Meditation experience with OBE that proved to have accurate observations.
First of all there was a wind like sound, and it felt like I was sucked or
pulled out of my body. I heard unearthly music, I heard beings talking, my
name was called out. I was surrounded by darkness but unafraid. As I looked
at my hands and arms all I could see was stars or points of light.
Throughout the experience it felt like I was floating and being lead to my
destination. And finally I saw an indescribably bright light, which was
radiating so much unconditional love it was so hard to fathom that such love
exist. And strangely enough this place felt very familiar. As I continued to
look at the light, it became evident this was a being shinning with
such brilliance. I felt drawn to it, and it had both arms outstretched as if
to embrace me. And just as I was about to hug the being, I felt the same
wind like sound and I was pulled back to my body.
OBE. Very NDE-like and transformative.
217. Yaron Experience.
My sight was different, I didn't breath,
though I could feel my body breathing, and I felt like my heart was going to
explode, while beating in an impossible rate. Some minutes after that I
started to feel a bit afraid - which was a big mistake, because fear is like
an unstoppable snowball - once it starts it is very hard to stop. I heard
voices and saw some very creepy things in my surroundings, only to find out
that for some reason I can't wake up. I couldn't get back to my body. As I
started to panic, I suddenly lost my awareness to the situation and I
remember very little from that point. It appears I have went into a dream
state while I was outside of my body. The next morning I woke up and I was
so intrigued by the experience that I have made a very drastic change to my
field of interest, almost abandoning entirely the lucid dreaming field and
focusing only on Astral projections.
OBE from Israel.
216. Matthew Experience.
I was filled with the knowing that we are all One, but still individuals.
It's impossible to describe this knowing. We can speak of it and even
somewhat understand the concept, but at this time I truly felt the strange
contradictory idea of being purely individual and the piece of a whole at
the same time. As I relished in this feeling, I noticed a presence coming
toward me, and for some reason I knew it was God, or some authority. When I
realized this I became humble and felt that I was not worthy to be in the
presence of God. The moment I thought this, a chorus of what seemed like
millions of voices told me, "the 'I' is never..." and they continued to list
every negative, fearful trait you can think of, angry, judgmental,
punishing, etc. And I began to feel this unbelievable ecstasy, this feeling
of pure love, acceptance, approval, and peace that I have never experienced.
I knew immediately that everything was perfect, that every single seemingly
unimportant event in my life had led me to right where I was and that
everything was happening exactly as it is supposed to.
Profound meditation experience. Stunningly NDE-like.
wind was at its most gusty, yet the strength was not overwhelming and was
consistent. In one moment, my physical body and what i think is a
representation of my spirit/soul separated. The wind was blowing from my
left to my right. I remember slipping into sync with the wind and the milky
white aura that was surrounding suddenly began to lift out of my body. It
rose above, to the right and slightly behind, yet within my peripheral
vision. It looked just like my physical body. this energy i could tell
was looking down on me, but my physical body did not turn to look at it.
However, I am aware that they, physical and spiritual, entities were aware
of each other. The most intriguing part about this experience, was that I
have very clear vivid and lucid connections to three entities: my physical
self, my spiritual essence form, and third force that saw it taking place.
The third force witnessed everything from behind me. Essentially, I was two
people having a conversation and an eavesdropper all in one. As soon as I
became aware of myself as the third, observing energy, the white essence
dissipated continuing upward and to my right, and just blew away with the
wind, and I came back to.
Meditation experience with remarkable content.
214. Jeffrey Experience.
Sleeping at night at a friend's home, on the guest couch. Normal sleep,
normal dream... then, in the dream I see a woman with whom I had been
briefly (a week or so?) intimate *six months before.* She is walking away
from me, my sight follows her, hoping she will turn to look at me. She does
stop, turns, and when her gaze meets mine, we are instantly magnetized into
a merging each with the other... and then... transcendence... the bodily
forms dissolve in a swirl, she is no longer there, nor is my own human form,
as my awareness is pulled upward exceedingly rapidly (though there is no
sense of wind speed nor friction nor sound of travel)... upward into dark
night sky... my senses seem remarkably upgraded, unified, perceiving in a
much more whole and direct manner... a sensation of deepening warmth and
pleasure is evident... I can see very far, many stars and planets are
seemingly close enough to touch. It is clearly evident that I a perceiving
more completely and truly than ever before; THIS IS REAL.
from South Africa …the
OBEs started to happen. I can't remember what exactly happened in the first
ones, just the most recent two. When I'm asleep, a loud noise picks up,
like wind rushing past a microphone with ear wrenching screeches. So loud it
takes up my every sense. My eyes start to hurt a bit and all I can see is
white snow like from a television without signal. Things start to get
intense then and I know its about to happen. I feel as though I've been
shrunk and thrown to the back of my head, looking out of a tunnel. I'm then
taken out of my body after which anything can happen. Everything is black
and white and fuzzy. The last time it happened I has flown and shaken
across the room, knocking into everything until I hit the floor face down. I
help my breath and started choking in hopes of waking up. I did eventually.
Many OBEs dreams. Frightening.
When I touched his hand I felt some pressure - and then a second scare when
my fingertips went through his !! I could see my fingers going through his.
I looked at him, and he had quite a stern face of what I could see - which
was only the shape of his head, the receding hairline and I could kind of
see the temples and cheek bones. I was "thinking" - he's familiar but I
don't know who he is. I thought he seemed kind enough, he seemed concerned
for me. He was dressed nicely with a black coat and a lighter colored shirt
or top - I sensed he was about 40 years old and very fit, about 5'11"" tall
and a strong person. I then got scared, and I took a chance and asked "WHO
ARE YOU??" knowing full well, even before I asked the question, that he
wasn't going to answer me. His message, which wasn't spoken, but
communicated via thought was "Go with it" --- "It's all OK" --- I knew what
he meant (at the time). I now think he meant go through life - just go with
it, and don't fight it, but I am not totally sure on that.
OBE dream with encounter with an unknown person.
S Experience 7/12/12 At first I was floating
upward towards the sky, then I noticed snow sprinkling on my face then I could
fly even higher. I didn't have a physical body. I had a wonderful time flying
around looking at all the trees and snow. There was a village below me, it was
night time. Lately I have been having lots of OBEs while I go to sleep. I had
a feeling of total peace and happiness and adventure.
Frequent flier with the OBEs starting in her dreams.
Boris Z Experience
Well I do
believe I visited the other realm. Heavenly realm is more difficult to
describe. Probably because it’s much more “other” in comparison to the
reality we exist here than the hellish realm (unfortunately I have
experienced that too, but not sharing it publicly, at least not for now –
that seems to be the inevitable conclusion). It’s just that human language
is not adequate for describing the qualities of the heavenly realm. I took
me many years to put this on paper and it’s still just a very poor version
of the real experience -doesn’t do any justice at all, not even close.
SOBE that started as a dream.
Tom C Experience
My body somehow entirely slipped through this fissure. This took 3-4
seconds, and once through, I found myself floating just beneath the ceiling
of the bedroom that my father and I were sleeping in. I was on my back,
but able to easily look downward. I looked down and clearly saw my father
sleeping on his right side (facing away from the wall) and myself asleep on
my back, behind him. My body slowly began descending while remaining in its
same position. I descended almost straight down, very gently and over about
a 15 second period of time, toward the floor next to the bed. This led to
the part of the event that I've not been able to forget... When I was 3-4
feet above the bed and began floating sideways toward my own body, I looked
at the analog clock on the table. It indicated it was 8 minutes past 4. (We
were to have gotten up at 4). My floating body continued toward the sleeping
one and when it reached it, smoothly merged into one.
SOBE that started as a dream.
Walter E Experience
As I stood where I was, I happen to look at the front of the church where
the altar would be but instead of an alter was a bright light and out of the
light I heard a very strong powerful voice tell me to come forward and go
into the light. I became afraid and did not know why but I did not want to
go into that light, but finally I did and once inside of the light, I felt
that I know was part of the collective so to speak and was of one with the
light as though it was a shower and then things were opened up to me to get
my answers to my questions about religion and God. I now knew why I was in
that church and who those people in the room across from me was. They were
the shells of lives that I have lived before and once I leave this life I
would be standing behind the Nazi soldier to account for my deeds in each of
those bodies for final judgment… After it I wondered if it was just my
imagination I visited my mother until I called her the following day and she
confirm everything I told her but did not know how it was possible I would
know those things, since I was 3000 miles away at the time.
Meditation experience with encounter with past lives and joining a mystical light. Also OBE to mother 3000 miles away, and later confirmed his OBE observations.
Renee G Experience
Although I was facing the sun I remember thinking Wow, how odd, I can see
everybody and everything at the same time! There was a sense of lightness
and a feeling of being detached from my physical body. I was everything.
It was not only Renee laying on the grass, I was the grass! I was a blade
of grass just “being” a blade of grass. I was the sky and the clouds that
were drifting above. I was a tree growing roots deep into the earth from a
hardy trunk while holding up branches sprouting delicate green leaves. I
was everything happening all at once! I had this feeling of knowing that
everything is perfect and on purpose. I felt bathed in warm and glorious
LOVE. I was so happy! It felt like the true meaning of home. Everything
is as it should be and all is well in the world. It was a timeless
experience because it seemed to last so much longer than what I believe to
have been seconds. I may have been in that state for only a moment and what
a beautiful moment it was. It was a flicker of Oneness, consciousness
Meditation experience. Very life-changing.
206. Victor C Experience 4/8/12 This experience has shown me something that I would like to attempt to describe in words; what I believe is that while we are in this body, we are equipped with the consciousness that comes with it. The difference between how I view what this consciousness is, in relation to my view of what awareness is, are two different things. Awareness for me is what is behind the consciousness that comes with the functioning of mind and body. The awareness behind it however is of a much broader, infinite nature. The thoughts that we all have in our consciousness appear to be a constant stream that is continuous and linear in nature. However, upon intense concentration on what is an iota of time between our thoughts, I believe that what I have experienced was a gateway leading out of consciousness and into the hidden spectrum of pure awareness that lies beyond… . It was kind of like this; I wasn't thinking but if I did think, I would become what I was thinking. Therefore, I dared not think about anything because that would have meant that I would have manifested out of total awareness and bliss. Being in this state was beyond bliss, you want to stay there and not do anything to disturb it.
Among the most remarkable and inspiring meditation experience that we have ever received.
Rebecca P Experience
refused the blindfold...saying I wanted to look my murderers in the eye. I
remember looking at each one...then the shots rang out and my head slumped
forward. I left the top of my head and drifted upward. As I drifted I felt
the most penetrating and overwhelming feeling of love and knowing. I
remember thinking Shakespeare is right...life is a stage and we are all just
players in it. I felt complete forgiveness for the firing squad for
everyone...forgiveness isn't even the right word there was nothing to
forgive...a deep understanding came over me.
OBE dream with interesting NDE-like content.
Monica B Experience
I put my head through a part that had a closet on the other side, and I saw
the things inside it. I then walked towards the door and I wondered if it
was possible to touch the door and open it. I think now that I had to focus
then on that idea and doing so, it worked... I opened it. Then I walk
towards my parent's room and I saw them sleeping, but suddenly I saw my mom
sit up and she told me that I should not be doing that. In that moment I
went immediately back to my body, opened my eyes and noticed my heart was
beating like crazy.
OBE Dream from Columbia at age 14.
Kevin P Experience
I saw these specks, I heard indistinct noises all around me similar to that
of a rushing sound: like the whoosh of a high-speed train in the open air. I
was propelled to this light by sound, sounding like an engine or turbine of
shorts. Once passed the noise, I felt as if I had gone missing. This
experience was entirely unexpected. Once 'there', I felt undeserving in all
manner, style and expression. This is where matters took a turn for the
emotional-side, I kept on crying, crying for acceptance-- It would be better
for me to be deprived of a limb than to not gain the approval of this
light... all in all, this being my first OBE experience was marked by
seriousness, love and affection.
OBE dream with unexpected content.
Tim J Experience
I called the people at the house that I went to. I described the ones in the
house, what they were wearing, and the old trunk in the middle of the floor.
She accused me of looking in her window. She explained the trunk had just
been brought inside the house a few minutes before that call.... called my
friend, who was at the house I visited. She was 750 miles from me and
calling me a liar. I had her to return my phone call to prove that I was
where I said I was at. She about fainted when she heard my voice on the
OBE dream with verified OBE observations 750 miles away.
Marc S Experience
Original in Spanish, translated to English by Simon.
My body shuddered in every fiber, I rose through a stream of light, and arrived
at a place which was white, illuminated, fulfilling, peace, love like a vital
energy... I was with someone who showed me my failures of love and with a
Superior being who gave me Forgiveness, Peace and Love. I understood "brother
son, sister moon". I saw that He is one and three. I can say no more... I came
back to my body, when I could not move, nor open my eyes.
Transcendent dream or OBE after meditation.
200. Kobe M Experience 12/30/11 I was laying in bed unable to sleep and I prayed for help. the next thing I knew was that I was a amalgamation of iridescent light just floating in space among maybe another 2 dozen groups of light. somehow I knew that the other groups of light were other souls. but what I felt was incredible, total acceptance, total sense of being cherished, total love, at least a thousand times greater than any love I have felt here on earth. the feeling of total joy and happiness felt like a singing that was going on between all of us, a sort of harmonizing. I knew I could not stay there so I asked to stay a little longer and the others said sure. I stayed approximately 40 minutes and I read their souls and they were saying stuff like 'look at the new kid and there was lots of laughter in fun. the feeling of total rapture was part of all of us and all of the space we were in, the universe I guess, we were all one. for some odd reason, I knew I was in the dimension that you go to when you die.
OBE dream from Buddhist. Interesting visit to unearthly realm.
Christian M Experience
Original in Italian, translated to English by Joan.
It was 7 in
the morning on November 4, 2011, and I was sleeping. All of a sudden I saw
myself coming down from above towards my head, and I managed to see the door
in front of me opened. Immediately after, I woke up, but I was stomach down
and it was impossible that I could have seen the door.
OBEs that started as a dream.
Tim M Experience
I was relaxing a very light 'buzzing' started in my ears, almost at first
like a fly or tiny insect was buzzing around somewhere in my inner ear. I
had not much time to react to this when this 'light buzzing' very quickly
turned into a deafening roar which caused me to instantly panic and
instinctively jump up from the sofa. I found to my absolute horror that I
could not move a muscle and when I tried to call out for help I couldn't
speak a word. I was fully conscious throughout. I found myself rising
towards the ceiling and thinking I was dying I said goodbye ( in my mind) to
all those I loved. Just as quickly I found myself back lying on the sofa
with the roaring becoming less loud and my mobility returning. I found the
whole experience terrifying and more so as it happened perhaps six times
over the next few weeks.
Interesting description of classic sleep paralysis followed by OBEs dreams.
I'll try to explain it without losing you. I remember going to sleep and
waking up. I got out of bed, walked into my fathers bedroom. Its weird
because I lifted my fathers mattress to get a knife that he had and then
went back to my room and got into bed. I woke up the next mourning and had a
knife in my hand but what's weird is that there's no way I could have lifted
my father and the mattress enough to get anything under them. Also is that
he does not have knives under his bed. I've always wondered where I got the
knife from and if any of it that happened was real. I don't know? From there
on I've had lots of weird things happen to me.
OBEs Dreams with one remarkable apparently evidential experience.
Oliver S Experience
And I saw the moon as I did before I went to sleep ... That's how I know
this was real ... After about 15 seconds it happened ... I all of a sudden
in a split second came out of my body and found myself floating about a
meter above my bed facing a bright white light and before I knew it I was in
this realm of light ... I realized then where I was and it all made sense to
me ... I felt safe because I realized it was him ... He felt like my father
( Not my biological father but my real father ) ... And I felt pure love
the whole time ... It was bliss ... He was talking to me at light speed ,
Giving me all this information ... It felt like I knew everything at once
... He taught me the meaning of life ... One of the things he said was ...
Tell people about your experience ...
SOBE- remarkably NDE-like.
Tina Experiences 9/10/11
THE NEXT WEEK, EVEN MONTHS LATER HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKS SOMETIMES
I FALL SO FAST AND HARD I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK I TOLD
MY FAMILY THINGS LIKE DEATH WAS GOING TO HAPPEN IN ARE FAMILY THEY THOUGHT I
WAS CRAZY THEN MY UNCLE KILLED HIMSELF. HE LIVED IN ILLINOIS; I LIVE IN
TEXAS WE HAVEN'T TALKED IN OVER 15 YEARS. SEE COPS AT FRIENDS HOUSE WHEN I'M
IN A DEAD SLEEP.
OBEs Dreams with many apparent accurate observations.
Sandy Experiences 9/10/11
With myself, these OBEs have changed my life forever- definitely for the
positive. I am no longer afraid of death. I know we continue to exist, just
in a different form. As a result of this I have contact with people who have
passed. They continue to live, laugh, love just as we do here, except they
live in a perfect world.
Multiple often quite remarkable OBEs Dreams.
Bev Experiences 9/10/11
stopped breathing for no apparent reason. "I stopped breathing in the middle
of the night....I was sleeping in my sisters bed and she woke up to find me
blue. She woke the rest of the family. My other sister gave me CPR and
ambulance, fire, police were called. I was taken to sick kids hospital and
given tests....lumbar puncture, blood work....It was determined that I had
epilepsy and was put on medication. For years I continued to have what they
called psychomotor epilepsy. Each ""seizure"" I would feel myself floating
over my body.....very strange sensation that i have trouble even describing
now. My seizures stopped after becoming pregnant with my second child at
Sensation of floating over body due to psychomotor seizures.
Jerry L Experience
After reading the book ""Three Magic Words"" by U.S. Anderson, I did as the
book suggested and meditated on a daily basis following the guided
meditations in the book. After about a month of meditating, one morning as I
was laying in bed about to get up I was suddenly found myself in a soft
light. I felt that I was in the light, that the light was pure love. The
feeling of total love is impossible to explain, it was as though the light
was God, and that I was as one with the light. I remember being told
something very profound yet very simple. Like that was the answer to
everything. It was not told to me by a voice, rather by telepathy. However
after leaving the light and returning to my body I could not remember what I
Henry W Experience
Finally I saw light, other than my own small light, and I entered a place
that resembled our universe except it was made of white light. This is hard
to explain, imagine the earth and planets made of light and you get the
idea. They revolved like a planet but the sound they made was like the best
song you ever heard, the best food you ever ate, or the first time you fell
in love, only at an infinite level. I could communicate to the other white
globes, like myself, by thinking it. I can only liken it to what a human
cell must feel. I had access to all knowledge and there were answers to
every question I ever had. The human mind could not maintain this much data.
I tried to get closer to the greater light but was repelled because ( I
sensed) I was physically a live and was not supposed to be there. I rushed
backward to my body, woke up crying, I am guy that does not get
emotional... I wanted to get back to that place.
Induced OBE. Remarkably transcendent experience.
when I tried that I rotated and I was freed from my physical body. I did
not look at my physical body or have the desire to do as many people have
reported doing. Instead I left the room and checked on my kids. One was in
the bathroom and the other was asleep. The one on the bathroom noticed the
door opening but did not see me. I went downstairs and was followed by my
child who came downstairs. As a joke I threw some of the pillows on the
couch to see if she would notice and she did.… I was able to move physical
OBE dream with apparent ability to move objects while in the OBE state.
Helen T Experience
The light intensifies to billions of times brighter than any light I have
ever seen or could ever imagine. I have awakened or arrived at this place of
no limit. The Light is everywhere. The Light is bright, clear, without
limit, blissful, loving, and full of clear intelligence. The love and bliss
are also billions of times more intense and richer than any I have ever
experienced. There is also a presence about the Light. A presence without
form, but of pure clear light and love and bliss and intelligence. And I
realize that I am also this Light. For the first time in my life, I have an
awakened feeling that makes all my previous waking hours feel like a big
sluggish slumber. I am this Light. I am without limit and am everywhere and
everything at the same time. Everything is one and all. I am this Love, and
I love all. I am this deep Bliss. I am this immense Intelligence, and know
everything without explanation or any need of explanation.
Profound meditation experience with exceptional insights.
David D Experience
I saw a bright white tunnel and went toward the light. I could see at the
far end "forms" whom I identified as deceased friends and relatives. At the
mouth of the tunnel was a bright white form whom I identified as Christ. I
started to move toward the tunnel, but the Christ-form told me it was not
yet my time. I had the sense that if I did travel down the tunnel I would
die, so I turned around. I went back to the porch and looked at myself
again. I then heard muted talking inside the building. The doors were
shut, but I tried and realized that I could pass through the closed doors.
Inside was the house treasurer and Superior talking about the budget. I
then left and went back outside.
Meditation experience with OBE and remarkable verification of OBE observations distant from his body.
I got sucked through this circle hearing a swish sound as I went. Next think
I noticed I was still standing in the same position but my body was lying on
the bed, I looked at my self, then I noticed a dark hooded shape coming from
my mothers closet and I instantly thought I have to get in my body and at
that moment their was a swish sound and instantly I was back in my body and
I was on the bed… Another time I was at a restaurant and and told a friend
to watch a certain person and tell me what happens, so I out of body kept
poking him in the back, when I came back I asked my friend what she saw she
said he kept touching his back and turning around like some one was there.
Two OBEs described.
I tried to go back to sleep I felt someone holding my head (again) and this
time I didn't try to wake up, I just let go and I feel I'm flying and there
are 2 people I can't explain how the shape and form but their whereabouts so
they felt, they seemed they were discussing what I do, they talk fast, and I
had caught them laugh, my intuition says they are very friendly and
assertive. Until I saw a light, very bright, clear as if my body will be
drawn closer, and in that time I thought "maybe this is my time" because
earlier I had read that someone saw the light at the end of the life. Of
course the only person who can see it's ourselves. Without the resistance
I'm getting closer but strangely the second figure that I feel their
existence is being debated as if they didn't want me to follow the light.
One of them shouted, and I woke up.
OBE Dream from Indonesia.
in my bedroom, I am able to control when I want to have my body experience.
I know this is not normal I am confused my doctor doesn't know how to
explain it, I prefer when I am laying on my back to do it but if I'm reclined
on a chair that's fine , as long as my face is towards the ceiling at any
Sammy E Experience
I was lying on my back
and I could feel waves of energy pulsing back and forth along my body from
head to toe. I could feel a pressure on my head as if someone was pushing
down on my forehead with the palm of their hand. I could hear and feel
a rushing or powerful buzzing vibrational sensation inside my head as the energy waves pulsed
up and down my body. I was so shocked by the experience that I shook myself out
of it. I knew that I had not been dreaming; the physical sensations were unlike
anything I had ever experienced. Several days later, I had a similar experience
and allowed the events to progress further. This time, the vibrational waves
progressed to a higher frequency and I felt a popping sensation as I slid
horizontally outside my body. I spent about 15-20 seconds a few feet away from
my body and abruptly popped back in. I shook myself out of it in amazement.
A couple OBEs.
Sheri H Experience
This was my first OBE. At age 13 as a child my father was ill and was in
the hospital. I was calmly watching my cousins play pool and listen to
music on a Saturday night. Without any warning, I had the sensation of being
out of my body, quickly pulled out and then I could see myself and others
from the ceiling level of the room. This was only for a split second and
then I was pulled above. I came back with the knowledge that my father had
died. I do not recall words or even a surrounding while I obtained this
information. It was scary and shocking at the same time. I had no idea
what had happened. Following this event I immediately looked at the clock
and noted the time. This was the exact time noted on my father's death
OBE at moment of her father’s death at age 13, then other OBEs.
John B Experience
I began moving down a type of tunnel. The Tunnel had cloud-like walls,
fluffy multi-toned gray in color. I seemed to be moving slowly but perhaps
the walls of the tunnel were farther away than I realized. Suddenly I came
upon an opaque light which engulfed me. A feeling of intense love and
warmth overwhelmed me. I could only respond "I love you too". Then I got
the feeling that I didn't belong where I was and I quickly came out of the
meditative state. The feeling of not belonging there, kept me from
attempting meditation again until I was in Viet Nam. There, I had no
success reestablishing the experience. The experience changed my life for a
while, giving me solace and hope versus the frustrations of military
service, Viet Nam etc. I became more active with my church, got involved in
discussion sessions, etc.
Meditation experience while in the Air Force.
Dipak P Experiences
3/6/11 & 6/12/11 & 7/23/11 & 8/20/11 From
India. I had another
interesting dream where I saw a dead body of my previous birth lying on a
floor. I felt that my Soul came out of that body and began to fly in the
sky. Ultimately the Soul began to rise upwards and ultimately entered the
outer space flying for an indefinite period with a spontaneous recitation of
the word ‘God’ . It could not be fathomed how long it continued and then I
(my feeling was that I was that Soul) began to descend to the earth. While
descending I observed the blue earth completely covered with the body of my
God-the-Preceptor, Diamond sitting alone. I realized that the Soul of every
human being is the image of Diamond.
Several experiences and divine
In my dream I saw Sri Ramkrishna sitting on the cot in a hut. My dream went off I again slept and saw in a dream Sri Ramkrishna lying on the floor of a two storied house which I never saw in reality.He was giving his blessings on his innumerable devotees and turned towards me as if he wanted to give me anything I would desire. But I kept quite. All on a sudden I saw goddess Kali standing near the door as if Sri Ramkrishna was transformed into Goddess Kali. And within a short while She was again transformed into Sri Ramkrishna.
OBEs Dreams from India. Multiple dreams interesting in showing the cultural content and interpretation of one living in India.
Tom S Experience
Belgium. Original in Dutch, translated to English by Annelies.
Lying on the floor, visualizing colors while meditating I played a CD with various sounds. After some 15 minutes I lost consciousness for a short while and then I flew very conscious and alert through the cosmos via an umbilical cord. It was the same infinite cosmos as I experienced before birth. I was very alert and free of feelings. In the distance a small dot approached and it appeared to be a maze. This maze was octagonal and it's color was brown like wood. I flew through it. At that moment it felt as if I was passing through a gate and I landed on an other planet. I was "sitting" on very bright green grass. It was much brighter and fresher than anything I have ever seen on earth. In the distance I saw a mountainous landscape with in the middle an ochreous moon or planet. I felt very alert and conscious there and the moment I realized I was really there and that it was no figment of my imagination I was startled for a second. And in a split second I was back in my body. I stood up, was a little bit in shock and I was very cold.
Pre-birth remembrance with 30 ‘soul group’ souls and image of a rose. OBE- was playing CD
Harold R Experience
As with all other times, I felt "myself" shedding my physical body. This
experience is the time I learned I could control my actions. I walked out of
my bedroom and went toward the rear of my house toward the kids rooms. I
walked into each of their rooms to check on them! Afterwards, I knew I could
have some fun and went outside... only not through a door. I just went up. I
did notice that everything in the attic was quite clear to me and was
surprised at the detail in which I could see everything considering that
there is no constant source of light up there. I realized in the experience
prior to this that I could ( I know this sounds corny) FLY! Of all the
things I might could have accomplished, I chose flight.
Frequent flier who tells of learning how to control what he could do in the OBE state.
Ethan W Experience
So I had been
consciously trying to induce an OBE that week so I think my astral body had
loosened from the flesh that day when I took a nap. Right when I fell asleep
I unintentionally rolled out of my body and saw myself floating above it. I
flew through my door outside which was completely different than my normal
yard (in the astral realm), but I had a thought that I should mark something
so I could see it when I woke up. So I found myself with a nickel in my hand
and as I was putting it down on the grass I saw a penny right beside it.
That blew my mind as if I had been there before and that's all I can
remember of that one.
Prasetyo AN Experience
translated to English by Chuck.
When my spirit body
reached the point of my waist I sensed a difference in being between my
spirit body and my physical body. Originating at the traces of concentration
remaining in the spirit body it was as if a new being existed. In addition
there was a sort of fiber connecting the spirit and physical bodies.
Nevertheless I could no longer see this spirit nerve fiber reach the
physical because at that moment a red glowing light shone in the vicinity so
that I could no longer see the physical body. Hearing the surroundings
became far more acute (hearing of voices from far away). My intuition said
there was some other person (spirit) standing nearby, because I was afraid
that he would endanger me I tried to grab his neck (reflex without awareness
of whether it was real or not). But I asked it, “who are you-who are you?”
in my mother tongue (Indonesian) but the response I heard was not a language
that I have ever before heard. Then at that moment a knock came at the
door. My younger sibling wanted to enter the room which I had previously
locked, therefore I quickly returned to my physical body being propelled
downwards. After this event until now I have tried again without success.
Great description of what happened during his OBE.
Saloua Z Experience
Original in French,
translated to English by Magalie. I
had been very sad for about two weeks. One afternoon, I felt like sleeping:
I laid down on my bed, totally relaxed. That’s when I embraced the world and
found myself out of my body. I first travelled in different dimensions
with total indifference: no fear or whishes as to where I would “land”.
Fairly quickly, it was as if someone was calling me towards a dimension of
Light and once there, I found myself in front of a being of Love/Light. He
was floating horizontally, with his arms in a cross. He was peace and love:
serene. I observed him for a while, amazed by so much glory and love. It was
as if we were having a conversation through our souls.
Interesting OBE where she met a being.
I spiraled and coiled in the air above the garden. When I got tired of
playing I stopped to watch the landscape. I' d never realized till then that
our house was on a hill, I could see the roofs of the other houses with
their red and white bricks. Suddenly I saw SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT.
There was an apricot tree in the garden - on the low branches the apricots
were still green and grand mother did not allow to pick them. But on the
higher branches THERE WERE RIPE APRICOTS! I woke up and shout to
my granny "There are ripe apricots on tree!" and ran into the garden. Soon I
was dropping them in granny's apron.
4 year old dream to evidential OBE.
All 3 experiences start with the exact same feeling. I feel like walls are
slowly closing in on me. Then i start to be very scared and cry. then I am
able to see myself from the ceiling and I can see myself crying. This all
is in slow motion but I don't know how else to put in in words.
Several OBEs starting at age 9 associated with emotional distress.
Massoud A Experience
During sleep I woke up and saw only blackness it was like a void or
something the interesting thing was that I didn't even know who am I or even
what am I....it was only blackness I didn't even feel my body and even know
that I had one! I heard a very pleasant feminine voice that smoothly called
my name and after some moments I woke up...I were sweating all over my face
and body....and shocked of what had happened....after sometime I understood
that human body has some other unworldly properties rather than the
physiology and anatomy i were studying as a medical student....life seems
more meaningful and beautiful to me now
Dream OBE from Iran
Gabe A Experience.
I have for the longest time been able to rise out of my body. Recently I did
something different. I told myself I wanted to see my dad. I found myself
thinking about my dad and proceeded to the ceiling of my bedroom. I soon
felt myself whisked to a place which from far away looked like millions of
honeycombs. I landed like in a sort of a room with many of my relatives
including my dad. none of them where happy nor sad to see me. it took a few
seconds for my dad to recognize me. Many of my relatives who have been dead
a long time were illuminated. Like they were dispersing. my dad however ask
me what I was doing there and told me I didn't belong. he then knew I was
visiting not staying. my grandparents who I was very close with did not
acknowledge me nor notice me. I tried to hold myself there but was back in
my body in a second
OBE with intent to see her father.
171. Dan H Experience. 10/10/10 In deep meditation I 'let-go' of all of my 'fears', and reached the "ME" ID, or ego. when I let-go of ID, everything felt like it was 'vibrating' and I felt that I was moving 'forward' at a very fast pace. I 'stopped' and my brain 'exploded' in all directions, simultaneously I feel a loving 'presence' and 'floating'. I knew that I could ask any question and get an answer, and I 'knew' that this was WHERE we 'go' at death. I wanted nothing, but to stay in this 'place', I felt myself 'asking', if THIS is All, then why continue? what I 'got' was something like "to ask another question", and a feeling of 'humor'. Then I was 'pulled' like a big rubber-band back to my body. before I was finally able to tell my wife, she said there was something 'different' about my eyes, and when I looked in the mirror, my eyes had turned from green to blue.
Meditation experience with profound insights. Remarkably his eye color changed from green to blue after the experience.
Chris H Experience.
one of my out of body experiences, I made a conscious decision that I would
enter the tunnel to see what would happen. I entered it and right away I
felt pulled in with great force. I panicked and pulled back to get out the
tunnel. It took all I could to pull out of the tunnel and when I got out I
was slammed back into to my body with great force. With sweat running out my
body and the heat. Because I did not know what this was, I prayed to God
for whatever this was to stop. After that night it never happened again.
Several OBEs as a young child. Also an ADC from brother.
169. Lani V Experience. 9/25/10 I wasn't floating over my body looking down at it then - I kind of went vertical, starting with my head - probably what it would look like if you saw someone fall down in reverse. I had a moment of realization that I wouldn't normally be able to get up that way. I didn't see my body, or even look for it. Although it was morning when I feel asleep, it seemed dark wherever I was, but not frightening in the least. I don't know if that's just my memory, or if that's how it actually was. I'm not sure if I was still in my room, though when I was struggling to break free, I was aware that I was in my bed. This sounds kind of ridiculous, but I actually had fun with the flying for a few minutes in whatever space I was in. It seemed about the size of my room, but I didn't see any of the objects in it. Anyway, I was flipping around really enjoying myself. At one point I put my hands in front of my - like Superman - and then laughed at myself.
I can recognize when I am having sleep paralysis and I control for the most
part my ability to have an OBE. My sleep paralysis happens when I am
extremely tired for the most part. I can hear high frequency buzzing sounds
and it feels like electricity taking over my entire body. What follows is
complete paralysis. My OBEs will only happen if I attempt to fall asleep
while lying on my back. I cannot have a blanket or a pillow on top of me
and I have to have my arms free. When I feel the sleep paralysis coming on
I literally tell myself to relax and go with it. I slowly attempt to roll
to the side and fall off of the bed or the couch. As I fall I am lifted up
to the ceiling. Sometimes I feel like I push myself away from the ceiling.
At this point I can pretty much control my OBE and wander about the house or
outside, floating through walls and doors.
Stephen F Experiences.
From the UK.
I remember just
looking at this beautiful scene. When out of the corner of my eye I glimpsed
some movement in the stars to my left. Just a tiny movement at first, the
stars started to slowly revolve round each other, this pattern then repeated
itself with all the stars .It was like a giant kaleidoscope of stars,
spinning, turning and falling in to galaxy’s. At the same time these
galaxies were moving away from each other. It was the most beautiful site I
had ever seen.
3 OBEs from the same meditation. Has not happened before or after.
Howell W Experiences.
At one point I
observed this 'me' being caught and taken to what must have been a keep or
some form of dungeon.
I remember being adamant in stating "I did not do it!" then immediately
thinking "(this time)". Found guilty by my accusers, and rightly so, I was
sentenced to death by way of public execution. On the day of the execution I
was lead to a platform. While enroute I experienced sweating, gnawing
anxiety in my stomach, racing panic, and an ultimate fear. Upon arrival at
the platform I was urged to voluntarily place my head upon a stump of wood,
as I resisted with denials of my guilt I was assured that the executioner
did not care about my plight as his job was my death. After placing my head
on the block I was soon decapitated and watched as my eyes tumbled down away
from my body.
Meditation experience at age 14 with strong suggestion of viewing a prior life.
Kim B Experiences.
always happens when I'm falling asleep. Always! As I'm dozing off, I feel
a little warm and my body starts to vibrate very fast. I can almost hear
it. It is in every nerve of my body. All of the sudden, I cannot move a
muscle. It is like a vice has clamped down on my entire body. I cannot
open my eyes or move a finger. Before I know it, the vice and the
vibrations are gone and I'm hovering over my sleeping body. I am clothed in
the exact same thing I am wearing at the time. I know, because I have
experimented during the daytime, when the fear of darkness does not take
over. Sometimes I just hover for a few minutes and in an instant, I'm back
in my body, wide awake. I always wake up when I reenter my body. Sometimes
I engage in a type of flying. Sometimes I just swoosh around a foot or so
off the ground.
Near life-long experience with OBEs
Tom H Experiences.
Anyway, all of a sudden my skin felt as though it turned into crinkly,
brittle dried brown rice paper, as though if you hit it with a stick it
would disintegrate. And it was hollow inside. A shell. It felt absolutely
real. Scary. Then I somehow went inside that hollow shell of dried paper and
inside was the entire universe. All the stars and planets and galaxies --
everything. I looked around and could see the earth. Later, judging from
the size of the earth I figured I was about 40,000 miles away from it. I
wasn't really scared at this point but just astounded. It all felt
absolutely real. I was there. I was in a completely different location, far
far away from my bed. As I floated in space inside my body looking at the
earth, all of sudden I knew something. And that was "Nothing we do is wrong.
It is simply impossible to do anything wrong."
OBE that started as a meditation experience.
David A Experiences.
I had a
prophetic dream that made no sense to me at the time. In the dream, I
turned the corner of a building and saw a gigantic, blue-colored block of
something I couldn't identify. The following week, a family friend took my
brother and I cross-country skiing. On the way to our hotel room, I turned
the corner of the balcony that lead to our room and stopped dead in my
tracks, my mouth agape. My brother said my face had turned white. It was a
gigantic block of ice that had been pushed up vertically onto the shore of
Lake Superior. It was identical to what I'd seen in the dream. It was my
first experience with the unexplainable.
Several prophetic dreams, an STE, an OBE.
CM Experience 2/25/10
This voice "spoke" to me, and told me "We are from XYZ." I do know what
name he used, but I do not feel like sharing it here. At the time, it was a
completely new name to me - I'd never heard it before. However, I instantly
knew how it was spelled and could picture the word in my mind (and the
spelling is a bit odd). It wasn't a planet or anything that simple. Later
I found out that it has about 5 different meanings, means something in
Arabic and Hebrew, was mentioned in the Bible, can be used as a person's
name, etc. But at the time, it was the first time in my life I'd heard it.
And when the voice said that to me, I thought, "Well, um, okay?" The
speaker seemed to be male, but I couldn't really tell.
Remarkable meditation experience.
161. Tia P Experience 12/19/09 That night I remember going to sleep and suddenly it felt like I was flying by my neighborhood above and watching a scenario happen. In OBE there was a boy I went to middle school with, I remember seeing him walk through this parkway towards the mall I lived generously close to. And it felt like I was following him above and sometimes along side. It kind of felt like I was there watching from above floating kind of. Than all of a sudden I saw a blue ford-like pickup truck driving through the park also, than I saw a blurred glimpse of a white male with a baseball cap, he pulled a rifle out of the window and shot the boy in the back. it was so detailed.
Remarkable OBEs, including witnessing a murder that was later confirmed.
Hannah K Experience 12/6/09
A being appeared in front of me. It was the most loving being I have ever
encountered. It had blue almond shaped eyes which were electric blue,
lightning flashing pure energy particles. I felt the most intense love EVER.
I still question if this is my soulmate. This being was holding a red rose.
The rose was intense fiery-love, ever-blooming. I came closer to the rose
and I saw inside, that I could travel into the center of it. The center
became orange and I went into it. In it, the being showed me that the rose
represents Christ and his blood which was shed. (I was not a Christian at
the time.) I traveled into the bottom of the rose and through the green
stem, where the thorns were shown to represent the crown of thorns. I
traveled downward and then was a woman with a shawl standing at the base of
the cross. The woman was standing to the left of me and we were both crying.
Multiple, often very vivid, OBEs.
Roger R Experience 11/15/09
I actually begin to walk around and see people in the middle of their
conversations and they do not see me but I see them I have actually
remembered every word to a conversation and spoke about it the next day to
the people and they asked how I knew what they were talking about. but
walking in OBE is strangely slow almost as your hunched over trying just
move using a walker or something. but these incidents are reoccurring I will
probably deal with them my entire life.
Several OBEs described.
Bonnie T Experience 9/24/09
has happened to me about ten times all together throughout my life. It first
happened when I was a kid - probably around 9 or 10 years old. I would be
laying in bed trying to go to sleep and at some point (unsure of whether I
had already started to fall asleep) my physical body literally paralyzes and
I begin to float. Each time it happened in the same room in my grandmother's
house and I seemed to float towards the window. My state of consciousness
felt completely normal, I knew that my body was still in the bed and I was
OBEs throughout her life.
Chad A Experience 9/24/09
I had a
ton of OBE’s just prior. I was in Sloan’s bed. Rolling out of my body
probably a dozen times. I got sick of roaming around the house… I was in
the in-between state. Fully awake, yet sleeping. It was the fullest
attainment of this state I have ever been in. I felt my self separated,
felt two bodies, one physical and heavy… asleep. And one light and
ethereal… fully awake. I rolled with the light body out bed, out of my
Lots of OBEs.
Lorena F Experience 9/12/09
started to feel a tingling sensation on the top of my head. Then suddenly
it was like I was hovering near the ceiling of our apartment. I could see
my roommate and myself sitting on the floor and I could see everything in
the apartment. The part that is hard to describe is the feeling I had. I
felt as though I was really weightless but really big. Like maybe I was
part of something else. I'm really not very good at describing the feeling
because it was unlike anything else I had ever experienced. Then suddenly I
was back in my body and my roommate was looking at me funny...
OBE while meditating.
Terral S Experience 9/12/09
got up off my bed with no magnetic pull and realized I was out of body.
I'd like to emphasize that all this while I knew I was not dreaming and that
I was fully aware. At this point I became excited. A little knowledgeable
about Astral Projection and such due to my research, I knew I was
experiencing something of the sort. I then decided to go explore.
Learning to OBE.
Erich A Experience 9/7/09
laid back and went into my usual mode of meditation and allowed the feeling
of floating out away to overcome me. I found myself walking across the mall
on the University of Arizona campus (a few blocks away and where I was
enrolled). I heard the noise of a straining jet engine getting louder and I
looked up to the sky. There, coming from the North West was a commercial
jet airliner crashing towards the ground. I knew it would crash and that
there would be great loss of life. I knew this because I - this is hard to
explain - "saw" the people on board as "lights" and then they blew around a
blackened scene of wreckage as "dead autumn leaves". Also, as this was
occurring, my mother was providing a kind of voice over. The content is very
personal and I can't share the details. It was her voice and she was
telling me some important things, among which was that she had to go away
(as in die) very soon.
Experience during Taoist meditation.
Cindy Q Experience 8/30/09
Anyway, as I started to go to sleep I prayed for a vision of what it's like
to die from my ex, I asked him to show me. Next thing I know, I feel
strange, the breath left me, I had no movement, no motion came from my body.
I briefly thought 'well, this must be it' and I floated up about 3 feet from
my body and looked down. I was white as a sheet and looked 'dead' in my
mind, I was definitely not alive at that moment. The realization that I was
dead spread over me, I thought about my kids and the fact that they just
lost their dad and what a tragedy it would be to now lose their mother.
152. Colart Experience 6/20/09 From Belgium This is when, while falling asleep, I told to myself, “If only I could do something for all these dead people”… then I felt as if I was listened to, and I saw a very light blue glow. Then I exited my body, as if somebody had taken my hand and made me go out. I then followed this person, I only saw his hand. We entered a tunnel and I said, “I feel well”. In this completely dark tunnel, as I followed him, I saw wonderful purple butterflies which flew with us in the tunnel. These butterflies journeyed like my guide and I. Then we arrived to our goal. Never shall I be able to describe this place because it was so beautiful, a truly wonderful landscape. There were unending big valleys, vegetation everywhere, a very beautiful color for a green…blue sky with some clouds. I felt great inner peace. Then I watched the hand that waved to me while saying, “Look at the river”. I looked back and then saw a stream that flowed so far away… it was so beautiful…it meandered, it was not straight and represented life with its ups and downs… I then understood that life is a wonderful journey and that you should always keep hoping.
151. Karen Experience 2/22/09 I decided to go over to my mother's house to show her what I could do. she lives very close by. I opened my door for pup to go outside. I went out the door in regular fashion, shut the door as usual - it's winter. I floated to my mother's house. no detour or accidentally floating somewhere else. her lights were on like they should be. she looked out the door. puppy walked, she didn't seemed concerned at all that I was floating.
OBE to mother's house.
Karen D Experience 2/22/09
I was running away from
someone in the casino. It was really fun. I wasn't flying but I was moving
really fast, "running", going right close to people. I was moving so fast, it
was sometimes blurry. I was right in with the crowd who were gambling, drinking
and socializing, mostly oblivious to me. All of a sudden, I woke
up and I was in the van unable to move. I just happened to wake up maybe about a
minute before P walked out to the van. I couldn't move. I laid there paralyzed
like. She said "why were you
running away from me in the casino?". I said "I wasn't. I was out here
sleeping." It took a lot of effort to say those few words. She
was really mad.
Bi-location or an OBE? Her friend saw her.
149. Synesthe Experience 2/22/09 I thought I should get back to my body, so I flew up my stairs, only to find instead of my body lying there, it was a mound of flesh. I still tried to get inside, and had to re-grow my bones and stretch out the flesh. It was excruciatingly painful. While I have had OBEs before in sleep, this was different. During my normal OBEs I just fly to wherever I want and control the "dream."
148. Andreas M Experience 2/6/09 Thought provoking meditation experience.
Linda U Experience
seconds it happened. I shot out of my body at an incredible speed enveloped
in a golden light. Suddenly I was in a void. The void was microscopic and
infinitely huge at the same time. It was the most soothing color of brown or
gray. I've never seen a color like it on earth. I felt completely at home
and comforted--both peaceful and ecstatic at the same time. Then I heard a
voice that was louder than anything I'd ever heard before. It was so loud it
should have hurt my ear drums. But it didn't. It was soothing. It said,
"EVERYTHING IS NOW." And with those words came a sudden understanding so
huge, so great, so infinite. I understood everything all at once.
Then the energy began to pulsate again. This time, I was "sucked" into a
dimension where thoughts manifest as reality. Colors flow past in streams,
lights appear and flicker, then disappear. To show that I was in a timeless
place a clock with no hands appears and floats past, to show that I had
access to unlimited knowledge, the largest mathematical equation I've ever
seen appeared, hovering in front of me. Then a voice, more like a vibration
resonated through me that told me "you are what you are and it's okay"! So I
enquired "what am I then?" and was "sucked" to another dimension where
except for blackness was a being. It was of height, width and depth beyond
what I could view or comprehend. It was composed totally of light, not
really of a "brightness" perse, but luminous nonetheless. After a moment to
become aware of "it", I was pulled as a magnet draws metal into it. It's
essence is of all that is, love, or of being the source of the energy that
binds and animates all. To call it God I guess would suffice.
Very transcendent meditation experience at age 16.
Fay A Experience
I'm so glad to have had such a beautiful experience because when I actually
went physically to my friend's house I saw all that I saw in my 'dream'.
All the changes in their house, their cooking and eating routines and also
the absence of their family pets made me realize it wasn't just a dream, I
think literally travelled there in spirit.
Several experiences. Dream with detailed and accurate observations of a house in Italy while she was in Canada.
Palestine. Original in Arabic.
Wonderful life there
and its real, usually some body there waits for me talking to me but I could
not see him. Once I looked at my self and for my amazement it was made of
light. I could see my body laying on bed and I could hear my wife talking to
my baby but I couldn’t speak. Every experience I could go to any place
I wanted to, there time is not time and the places there are different from
places here. I can see things are going to be realty to me or to family or
friends in near future.
OBEs and Sleep paralysis.
I could fly over London, or be in a Maxfield Parish painting. It was
as real as I am sitting here right now. Fun, amazing, and life
changing. One time ,one of my first times, I went to a place that my
friends were at to find out if this was real or just my imagination. I
was able to fly there, and they were there and I saw what my friend was
wearing and the next day I asked what she was wearing and it was true.
I absolutely was floored…
Kuwait. Original in Arabic.
It was happened at 23:10 , Wednesday , 16/04/2008, for several
minutes, and I had it after two days again, it began as a dream my friend
shout wake up wake up, it was like a heart attack. I saw my body was laying
on the abdomen. My soul was between the bed and my body. I opened my soul
eyes, then I saw the bed which became wavelike limpid like a glass, I
scared, I was alertness I saw in the dark not cleared physiognomy of a girl.
I thought that she was my classmate, so I tried to call her but she didn't
respond. I was afraid that she could be a genii or strange being; I noticed
that somebody was beside her. At that moment my soul was gathering with my
body. But this time without pain or any noises it was easy and I was very
happy. I expected that the bed will be hard again, and then suddenly I
decided not to come back inside my body. I decided to go and visit a friend;
I took that risk in spite that may I will not be able to get back to my
body. I wanted to visit Hamod. I haven't see him for long time and I love
him so much. I couldn't do that because the soul refused to go. I was
forced to returned into my body. When I woke up I had a severe pain in my
eyes because I opened the eyes of my soul too much
She describes several OBEs.
Ivan R Experience
I was sitting on a balcony, second floor off the ground. I was looking out
into the distance and was 'letting my vision go'. I was playing with this
all day without really realizing what I was doing. I was deliberately
zooming up to trees that where great distances away as if I were right
beside them and was making them sway with me. I was zooming my vision right
in front of buildings on opposite streets and making them float and rotate.
I did not realize I was leaving my body until I was zooming in towards a
wall on the opposite side of the road. I thought at the time it was just my
'vision' that was situated on the road, then I turned sideways to see a
motor bike come towards me then hit me. I snapped back into my body with a
great shock, and I had a corked thigh the same side I saw the motor bike
ride into me. I was over 30 meters away from the road on a balcony and I was
some what conscious through the whole experience. I was zooming into
everything around me all day not really realizing what I was doing, I was
just 'letting my mind go'.
Induced OBE. Could zoom vision close to distant objects & “make them rotate…”.
G ne Experience
I tried to
turn and I moved my arms and I could feel the ceiling but I was too weak to
turn my body. I said no, this must be a dream, I said a prayer ‘Besmele’ and
nothing happened. I sensed in my brain that I shall think to turn myself.
And I succeeded, while my face was looking to the ceiling, I turned to my
bed and I could not believe my eyes when I saw my body in my bed. The
magazine was in my lap. I tried to reach to my body but in vein, I went to
the balcony’s door. I saw at the military café my friends and family. You
can turn around and you can not speak at all, or make a noise. Suddenly I
saw Marmaris’s night streets, I was with phenomenal speed on my way to the
place my friends wanted me to meet, it took me only 1-2 seconds. I saw my
friends and they drank. One of them was on top of a car and was singing. It
felt nice. I could travel where I wanted, the wind did not overthrow me, but
I felt that the wind was carrying me to the place I want to be. In an
instance, I was back with the same speed and I remember to go in my room
back and I went in my body back and I jumped up from my bed.
OBE from Teenage Muslim boy from Turkey
SS Yogi Experience
I felt the
whole Universe - Sun, Moon and other planets coming in my way
transcendentally and I also felt that I am being blessed by the heaven with
pouring colored powder on me through an Elephant nose shape thing and all
these were seen through transcendentally- while closing the eyes. This
phenomenon continued for many days. Semi Red colored light came from my
forehead eight times. Also I heard the great sound OHM during the period and
it is still continuing.
Remarkable meditation experience from India. He is Hindu.
Kerry S Experience
1. Out of
body briefly in motorcycle accident, witnessed my body hit the car and the
ground and then reintegrated. Age 20. 2. Went through a tunnel into a
woman's eyes while we gazed at each other on a couch. Vision dimmed to a
light at a tunnel end, I went through the tunnel and expanded to fill the
room in a state of unity with her. Coming out all I could say was "I love
you". Age 20
Multiple varied OBEs.
Paula N Experience
After a few sessions she told me that besides the traumatic experience with
my husband there was trauma in my childhood and I had matured beyond my
years in many aspects but that emotionally I had stopped growing at a young
age. She suggested that she help regress slowly to try to find the reason
for this and resolve it. We talked about things I remembered, we did role
playing, etc. One session we started as usual and the next thing I am aware
of is this woman on her knees, next to me asking if I was ok and if she
should call an ambulance. She told me that we were talking and all of a
sudden I curled up in a fetal position and went very white. The whole thing
lasted just a couple of minutes. From my perspective I remember seeing the
whole room from the vantage point of the opposite corner of the room by the
ceiling. I remember what the room, furniture looked like from a perspective
I could not have from the normal sitting/standing areas in the room.
OBE to ceiling during counseling session.
136. Marcos A Experience 7/29/08 From Portugal. English & Spanish. Original in Spanish, translated to English by Simon. If you want an idea of how I saw it, I would say that if you look at the surface of a road at a distance on a hot day, that sensation that there is something seeming to move (the optical illusion produced by the heat), that is more or less how it was. That is, not liquid, but definitely energy. I have no words to describe the sensations and emotions I felt in that place. The word "peace" is what most resembles what I felt, though I am still aware that this word falls short of the concept of what is felt there. It is a total plenitude, infinite happiness, peace impossible to feel here on earth. I remember that I smiled with all my being, I could not stop smiling, as never, even in glimpses, had I felt such an intensity of happiness. I remember looking down and seeing myself floating in that place.
Christopher E Experience 7/20/08
Well the more warning! the more the other force I can't explain is pulling
me toward other venture, at all this stage I clearly understand that I am
out of my body! cause I feel same way as I feel now writing all this down,
but the peculiar thing is that while standing in my village I can still see
my body sleeping in my friend's room far away in Germany. While trying
to put all this things together, my eyes opened more to my immediate
environment ! I started seeing all the dead elderly people of my kindred,
they where all happy in there various compound some cooking while some are
doing other domestic works, from the spot I was standing I could see every
compound and all the past dead elderly people of our kindred!
From individual living in Nigeria. Probable dream.
Pam H Experience 7/20/08 Some
areas look like teaching areas and some look like here on earth. Some look
like a choreographic musical and everybody is singing and dancing. I have
also been able to be in the future looking at now. I know it doesn't make
sense, but it IS possible. It is very awesome. Time periods can be viewed
almost as "rooms". In many instances, "higher spiritual" beings have
observed me. Almost as if I was an "alien" to them. They want to know what I
can see and have only a few times, received warnings. They are not allowed
to give you a lot of information. You can ask for considerations of changes
in your current life and they can actually "pull up" your chart. However,
they are not allowed to look inside of it. They can only psychically guess
what has happened in the past and have you confirm it. It is impossible to
lie, because everyone has the ability to read your mind.
Multiple experiences that are remarkably spiritual in nature.
Larry B Experience 7/6/08
There were 2
within about a 2 week period. Both occurred while I was driving singing
praise to God and basically feeling really good. The first occurred as I was
entering an off ramp from the turnpike it lifted me approximately 500 feet
above the truck judging from my view of both the truck and its surroundings.
It lasted approximately 30 seconds judging by how far the truck traveled as
I was viewing. Three things went thru my mind in this time . God who’s
driving the truck was first next was am I like out of here and third was
what’s my family going to do without me. All of which was pretty fine scary
at the time. I immediately found myself back behind the steering wheel
totally shocked but yet extremely peaceful and relaxed spent the rest of the
day doing my job and wondering if I had gone over the fine edge and should
have my self committed.
Two OBEs while driving a truck.
Gregory HM Experience 3/11/08 I
remember the beginning of the dream. There emerged our of deep-sleep
darkness, luminous orange ovals against deep brown. The orange morphed
into moist peeled carrots on tilled earth. Sensing a presence, I look
up. A person sits before me, writing. Robed in black to elbow
and knee, facial profile obscured by glossy shoulder length hair, her
un-tanned forearms and legs are slender and long. She is beautiful and
I am glad she is here. I strain to see a page of the book in her lap.
Very detailed writing about an OBE. He has advanced degree in religion.
Anita G Experience 3/9/08
I was wide
awake, I felt the breeze, looked at the clock, 2.00am saw the hallway night
lamp on, heard my young son toss and turn and turned to look at my husband
who seemed to be sitting up in bed. I thought this was unusual so I went to
put my hand on him, he was just looking forward and in a unusual daze, when
I went to touch him, my hand went straight through him, it scared me so I
jumped up and saw him sitting up but his body was lying down, it was really
weird and frightening. I first put my head in my pillow and screamed a
little, then I gathered my thoughts and looked and touched him again and the
same thing happened, I then felt his lie down body to feel if he was
breathing and I pushed him until he moved, then everything went back to
normal, his second body was gone.
Witnessed husband’s non-physical body sitting up in bed with his physical body lying down.
Alexander Experience 1/13/08
From Moscow, Original in Russian, translated to English by Sergey.
In such situations I don't
feel my body; my consciousness is somewhere near to my eyes. Naturally, I start
worrying; first thoughts like "Am I dead?" come to me and then I start
struggling, i.e. trying to use my will to make my body act. And after about
third or sixth try (usually) everything starts obeying my will, i.e. my body
"comes alive", if you can say that. It usually happens like this: from the head
(brain) a soft tingling energy wave (I'm trying to find a proper description)
goes down through my body
, like a spring breeze.
Beginning of OBEs and describes the precursor of sleep paralysis.
Lyn R Experiences 1/13/08
myself out in space, looking at the planet earth, and I was thinking "wow, I
am out" and I thought (I think I even spoke out loud) "Hi" as I was trying
to communicate to earth. I heard the word "hi" vibrate very loudly and I
could see a kind of string going from me to earth and I thought it was a
communication line of some sort. I could see a huge black cloud in front of
the planet which covered about 1/3 of the earth. The earth was extremely
beautiful and with bright colors (like on Google Earth). I got frightened
when I heard my voice resonate all the way to earth, and suddenly I was back
in my body, sitting upright and thinking "WOW".
Several OBEs described.
Matt Experiences 12/16/07
Then words started
appearing. One word at a time. Slowly at first, then speeding up. The
first group of words I recall were, This is a joke about the center of the
universe. When these words went by in my "mind" (mind is the only word I
can think of to describe.) I felt a since of awe, denial, understanding,
and a thirst to know more. The words at this point speed up to the point
were it was hard to catch every word but I got the general idea of what was
being translated and said. The words were stating the basic laws and
rules of the universe. I at this point realized that I was having de javu,
to the very beginning of the universe. At that realization there was a
"snapback" and I was once again, matt, standing on the front porch of my
friends house. Although it felt like a good 3 to 4 hours had passed, I
looked at my watch and it had only been about 2 minutes.
Extensive number of very remarkable experiences.
Karl R Experience 12/10/07
I was sitting in a chair facing another person, and saying a mantra
(meaningless set of words). I backed out of my body, the experience was like
looking at the other person through a set of long wrapping paper tubes. My
mouth felt different as I spoke. The first thought I had was, "Oh my God, I
am not a body!". I continued to speak, and it struck me that I was thinking
all these thoughts and still carrying on this mantra, and I thought "I
wonder if I could have another thought and still carry on this
conversation?" As soon as I had that thought, I had another thought process
running in parallel to the other thought and to the conversation. I wondered
if I could do this again, and as soon as I had the thought, I had another
separate thought going in parallel to the other. I did this until I had 4
separate thoughts go simultaneously in addition is the mantra. (I thought
that was pretty special). I noticed how good I felt, it was like I was pure
joy and love wrapped together.
OBE during meditation experience.
Chai C Experience 12/10/07
I turn back, I see my flesh body lying on the bed beside my mum and I
shocked and gathered all my strength and scream out loud. The scream woke
my mum up and I feel like flash. my soul is like attached to my body. Once
that thing release me, I feel my soul bounce back. I can t explain the
feeling of being soul… Then she ask her Buddhist master to help me. He went
into the room and come out after an hour. He said there is uncle hanging
himself there long ago and he tried to get me as his replacement. The
master said he had persuaded him to go and leave this room, leaving this
room alone. The uncle refuse him rudely. So we are asked not to occupy
this room anymore. Actually I was told, the master have the power to catch
him but he didn't do so. Because if he catch that ghost, he'll forever can't
get his reincarnation. He want to save the good deeds.
Several OBEs that sound like sleep paralysis. Interesting Buddhist perspective on the experiences. Experience happened in Malaysia.
Laura Experience 10/14/07 I
was very awake and felt I was in my body (but different in a way I cannot
explain). Anyway, went into the living room to see my husband. He was
sitting in the living room watching TV with a magazine on his lap. I think I
said something to him, but he didn't answer. He got up and went to the
bathroom, then went to the mirror and started picking on something on his
face. I don't remember saying anything to him at this point, but remember
standing behind him and (think) I was in the mirror too. Suddenly I was
jolted back to my body. I almost jumped up out of bed immediately, I was
feeling a mixture of fear, confusion, but intense excitement too! I knew
something amazing just happened, but didn't understand exactly what.
OBE associated with meditation.
Rich W Experience 8/18/07
The physical plane
is the plane of pain. None of the other systems I have visited (in over 200
experiences) have pain as part of it's game plan. -There's way more
than the astral plane. Another way to say this is that there are some
worlds, planes, dimensions, reality systems, Universes, and Multi-verses
that exist in consciousness that to call them astral travels or out of body
experiences is (although convenient) not always accurate. -There's a
Greater Reality, it's vast and all kinds of Beings Human and non-human are
playing on many different planes of existence.
Fascinating and a MUST read! Examples and summaries of large number of OBEs.
Gordy R Experience 8/16/07
Timothy...Tim!" I was so surprised because he answered me before I had the
question posed... it happened again and again after as I tried to ask
subsequent questions. One question was, about some thing I was concerned
about and he had them answered again before I could even present them. One
was of my immediate future and he replied, "You haven't got a thing to worry
about, relax and keep doing your best, you will be ok, all your needs will
be supplied." Well that validated it for me, I was at my full senses,
totally alert and he knew exactly what the next question I was going to ask,
I really felt by him doing that, that it validated it for me...I now know my
spirit Guides name...I feel my future is secure and I am contented about
certain things. Now its up to me to continue my worldly tasks, carry the
message of hope to my fellow recovering alcoholics and be as compassionate
as I possibly can towards others.
Attempted to induce OBE. Possible dream. Met spirit guide who gave him information.
Adrian G Experience 7/7/07
At first it happened by accident I would feel myself on the ceiling then one
night I let myself out through the roof. sometimes I cant push out. When I
do get out I use anything linear to hold, I have gone up into the sky and
saw a galaxy, geese etc,, I do travel but I tend to lose myself and get
sucked back into my body. Once in awhile I can time travel one time I went
back to a birthday party when I was 6 years old. Last night for the first
time a hand grabbed me it felt like a hand I knew it was positive. I have
met people I think there people I even wrote down one woman's name. I have
tried to look in mirrors move pictures in the house make hand prints outside
in the mud. My main concern is bringing back a negative energy. When I do it
I really have to feel in the mood and I can't explain that mood I can do it
maybe three times a night. I would love to control it even more. as I do it
gets better and better. I do believe its like time all bundled tighter
Multiple interesting OBEs.
121. Emma Experience 7/5/07 I was floating in spirit and watching myself asleep and my boyfriend next to me. I became a little confused about it and then realized I wasn't in my body so I attempted to move my fingers, I watched and my fingers moved. Then I just watched myself sleep but became a little anxious and wanted to get back into my body. It didn't happen straight away and I was almost pleading with myself to get back in as I didn't know why I was out of it or if I was dead. I finally managed to get back in and as soon as I did I woke and screamed at my boyfriend to put the light on.
Donald M Experience 6/23/07 From
can decide to go wherever he wants and decides to check on the kids first to
make sure they're all fine. To do this, he just thinks and travels through
the walls and in a fraction of a second he's in the children's room. He can
go outside but he is scared, so he decides to stay at home looking at
things. It doesn't mean that he has not gone outside but usually he prefers
to stay. One day, he went to see a friend with whom they were talking about
visiting at night, traveling in spirit only. He went and mentally asked him
to go with him. He got so scared that turned around and wrapped himself with
the covers yelling "leave me alone!." My husband didn't want to scare him,
so he left. The following day this friend told everybody that Donald was a
witch type of person and left town for good.
Large number of OBEs over life, shared by wife.
Deana G Experience 4/10/07
I managed to consciously deliberately induce my OBEs. My early experiences
contained unsettling aspects due to my propensity to depression in those
years, but they have gradually become more positive, and the latest have
been definitely mystical.
Very large number of OBEs.
Jared Experience 3/22/07
modern day Earth 1973, I was floating.. I appeared out of the white void in
space.. A unseen force took me to the Earth, going faster and faster, I felt
the heat of the Earth's atmosphere.. I entered the atmosphere at blazing
speed I ended up in a building somewhere...
Remarkably transcendent OBE.
Cassie Z Experience 1498 3/20/07
Standing inside the side of
the mountain with my mother and grandfather I was told "It wasn't your
fault, Baby. It wasn't you." My grandfather's words washed through me
lifting the weight of the pain and guilt of 18 years! I hugged him and held
on not wanting to ever let go. I heard the voice on the recording bringing
us back . . . I didn't want to go back. I SO didn't want to go back!! I
wanted more time with Grandpa and Mom . . . SO much more time, but I knew I
had to go back. My mother reminded me that now that the door was open,
there would be other times like this, other reunions. As I walked back
toward the door to return, I took one final look back at Mom and Grandpa,
and Grandpa told me "Now you're free to fly!"
OBE with ADC. Very healing experience.
Patent Attorney Experience
Anyway, I am certain that
there is much to be gained with OBEs, but I have really largely done
everything alone. I would like to learn from a master so to speak -- and
not one of the countless people that I expect have even less experience
and/or knowledge than me yet speak as though they know all and/or even what
the heck is really going on in that state...or those states...
Large number of OBEs over years.
Beverly M Experience
anxious to prove to myself that this was a valid experience, so I looked for
objects they I could check on in the physical state. Once out the window, I
headed for a large tree at the side of the yard. I examined it closely in
every detail, but saw nothing unusual. I spotted some broken pieces of a
clay pot in the yard then glided back into my bedroom. I attempted to turn
on the light switch. Although I could move the switch to "on" and hear it,
the light failed to respond. I then felt a pull at the bottom of my spine
which I couldn't resist even though I wanted to stay out of my body. I went
back into my body head first and had no after effects. I later went into the
yard and the pieces of pot were there as seen in the OOB.
OBE during meditation.
Toni M Experience
Original in Spanish, translated to English by Estela.
I WENT TO THAT LIGHT AND PLUNGED INTO IT AND IT WAS THEN WHEN I FELT I WAS
IN A VERY BEAUTIFUL PLACE OF ROLLING HILLS, GREEN GRASS AND TREES
EVERYWHERE. DURING THAT MOMENT I FELT WELL, SUPERB, I STILL HAD A ROUND FORM
BUT COULD GLIDE AT MY WISH APPROX. ONE METER FROM THE GROUND. I APPEARED AT
THE TOP OF A HILL, I LOOKED AROUND AND SAW A TREE THAT WAS AT THE FOOT OF
THE SAME HILL. I GLIDED TO THE TREE AND WHEN I REACHED IT I SAW THAT THERE
WAS A SWING WITH A BROWN HAIRED, 5-YEAR OLD GIRL WHO WAS SWINGING SLOWLY.
THAT GIRL LOOKED AT ME AND SMILED BUT CONTINUED WITH HER GAME. THERE WAS
ANOTHER GIRL BESIDE HER AND SITTING ON A TRUNK – PROBABLY 3 YEARS OLD AND
BLOND. BOTH WERE IRRADIATING HAPPINESS. I COULD SEE THEIR FACES BUT IT
SEEMED THAT THERE WERE FEATURES MISSING TO COMPLETE THE IMAGE. THE SECOND
GIRL ALSO SMILED AND GAVE ME A LOT OF LOVE. BOTH GIRLS LOVED ME VERY MUCH.
Both the Spanish and English versions are included.
Dave W's OBE E111206
12/10/06 The first angel was
a child around 3-5yrs of age and the other angel was a adult woman around
mid 40’s. I saw their white wings, both wearing dresses of white, very
fancy, appeared in make-up with a glow resonating around them. The child
angel was brunette, light tan skin, and cute for her age. The adult angel’s
hair was black, short, straight, she was a medium size figure. I remember
asking the little girl angel if she was previously in a accident and if she
was a new angel. There was no reply from both angels, silent, still, and
This is the latest of a series of angel encounters while in the OBE state.
Maurice F Experience 12/10/06
So, I'm out
of my body and have become like this ball of energy..or light..something
anyways..I go up through the roof and way up in the sky over Casper at an
incredible rate of speed. I'm trying to take all this in. I can see like
360%..above, below..in front..behind..all at once..i realize I'm being led
by these 2 other balls of energy as we go higher and higher, quickly
entering space. we kinda speak. telepathically?? I dunno..I am told I am
being shown this so I will know that there is more after life on earth..as
we start to really accelerate..past the moon and planets. I hear this
sound..quite beautiful unlike any other sound I have ever heard, I ask about
it and am told that every spirit in the universe has its own sound that
resonates throughout the universe and can be located in that way. we started
to come to what I believe was the edge of our solar system and started
slowing down fast. I knew/felt that I was coming back and didn't want to. I
told them as much but they insisted I had to come back. I had more to do
yet. I was in the middle of saying no when I was like slammed back into my
Meditation experience. Very NDE-like.
111. David W Experience 11/11/06 When I started to come through with rational I thought to myself, I should go over to my dad and tell him that "I love you and am very proud". As I did just do that, I asked my dad who appeared to be younger and in his early 40's. I asked "are you my guardian Angel" and the Angel replied "Yes, I Am". I asked the Angel "who are you" and she explained that she was a new guardian angel who recently passed on from earth. As I started to closely examine my dad, I could tell by looking at the Angel closely that it was more feminine then male. Although, it had striking close resemblance of my dad, it was female. I was caught up in my little own world, mission that I didn't catch the full details of my dad but when looking closer it was definite female taking on resemblance of my dad.
David's 2nd set of OBEs about his Angel Encounters!
110. Stella L Experience 11/10/06 From Hong Kong When I was a child of age 8 and 9, I used to sleep alone in my bedroom. I experienced many times (countless) of OBE. Most of the time happened just after I felt asleep, still feeling a bit of conscious. I saw my whole body sitting up on my bed, and when I turned my head looking back, I saw my body was still lying on my bed. Looked like a separation of me, soul and body separate. Once I was too scare and I felt a sudden lying back of my body and I felt I was return to my body and awoke. A few times, I experienced that I stepped out of my body and my body seems very light and in a floating conditions. At that time, since I was very small, I tried to search for my mum in the dark but couldn't. Even I walked/floated within the bedroom, I still saw my "physical" body lying on my bed.
Many OBEs which may be related to dreams as child (8-9 years old).
Justice J's Experience
I then made an effort to
rotate my astral body horizontally with my hips being the axis. This allowed
me to break free of my body and I began to float toward the ceiling. I spun
around once I reached the sealing and saw myself lying their eyes open with
a blank stare on my face kind of like I was staring up at myself on the
ceiling. Turned back to the ceiling observing its texture and began to try
and move along it in an effort to travel to my wife’s room which I was able
to do. I hovered over her and my mother in law for a time just looking at
them and noting other objects in the room. I remember feeling a sense of
pride in overcoming my fear and wanting to tell her “hey look at me I am
flying” when I attempted to speak the sound of my voice instantly sucked me
back into my body.
Long history of frightening night terrors, then found way to have a positive experience.
108. Dave W's Experience 9/29/06 I was looking down a tunnel, like seeing into a water well tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, was the light. I said to the Angel “I saw this light a few days ago in an OBE; this is the most beautiful light that I have ever seen”. As we got closer to the light, it opened up and engulfed me, almost blinding, a strong purity of love and presence to this light was incredible and vibrant. I asked the Angel “Do you watch me all the time?” and she replied “Yes, we watch you all the time; we’re always there with you”. As we reached towards the end of the tunnel, the Angel said to me “The scene is going to change and let me show you about Gods love”. I replied back to the Angel “I am okay and ready”.
107. Susan V's Experience 9/7/06 It was the light, not a light, the light and it was coming closer, or I was getting closer to it. The moment I saw it all kinds of knowings broke open in side me all at once. It was multiple understandings, but they all came at once. That light was my home. I knew it completely and it was all I wanted. It was where I had come from, and it was where I was always meant to return to, and there was no doubt in my mind at all that it was my real home. The feelings were of immense love, peace and joy. Love, peace and joy such as humans do not experience in our material states. I knew that I had known before I was born that my life would be extremely difficult, and the reason I had to go through the things I had was that I had "lessons to learn and debts to pay."
OBE associated with hypnosis.
106. Kim R Experience 7/29/06 I felt my conscious self starting to come out firstly from my feet then through the top of my head I was floating in the air above myself I can see all around me it was great, I was floating everywhere in my home I was drifting through the walls, doors, I actually saw my cat, I felt I could go into the next door neighbors home if I wanted to, I would then drift out of the window into and find myself in the street, I literally saw everything houses, street lights, it was dark because it was night, I felt I could go anywhere on the earth plane, I did not go to any other sphere or anywhere weird, or I didn't see any other spirits like myself, I was just on earth level, I would suddenly want to go back to my body, I would suddenly feel my self drift back into my body, but feel a bit confused on first waking up, but then feel like a renewed sense of myself. more spiritually aware and more aware of things around me, it made me feel more alive and spiritual.
I was in both worlds, she was scared and kept asking me if I was okay. I
tried to answer and I couldn't. I griped the fence and forced my self to
hang on. while this was happing to me the woman was screaming. I knew where
I was in the other earth, I knew everything at once. I don't know that
experience now. then I was free and happy, at total peace. the woman somehow
helped me back to my house and I laid down and dreamed. then this experience
was explained to me. I was asked if I wanted to leave then or stay. I was
shown what would happen to my son of nine years. I answered I wanted to
leave badly but I wanted my son safe and cared for more. I was told then
that my job here was done and to enjoy my life and to remember my reward
later. I have to remember I here by choice now, I had planned to see if I
could just pop out when my son is grown. I won't because I have other people
to share time with here now, so I stay. I feel I could go back to the earth
in the heavens anytime it's up to me now.
104. Maurizio S's Experience 6/6/06 From Italy, Original in Italian translated to English by Werner. all of a sudden I was wrapped up in bright light, I didn’t pass through the tunnel it was as if I was instantaneously enveloped in the light; though at the beginning there was a small dark edge as if I had crossed the tunnel at ultrasonic speed.
103. Henry W's Experience 5/13/06 I was monitoring one family member while they were in a college cafeteria and noted the time on the clock above her head. I willed my relative to call at that very moment. The telephone ringing brought me back to my body, I willed myself up and answered the phone. I asked if there was a clock directly behind her above her head, she said yes, I told her what she was wearing and the title of the book she was currently reading. She thought I was in the cafeteria. I was actually 400 miles away and had not seen her in over a month.
Multiple OBEs described. Highly developed ability to induce OBE.
102. Brad K's Experience 2/05/06 Walking the woods, suddenly finding myself observing myself from above & behind, again timelessness, then "back". Moments later a different ethnic group of unknowns appeared, blocking my path, cursing & threatening. Normal reaction: anger, fear, possibly fatal given the circumstances, yet my "being" knew only compassion & tranquility ... somehow seeing deeply & beyond. A presence ... a voice that wasn't, conveyed "all rightness", protection ... the shouting grew silent, then stares .. In times of weariness & discouragement, I've tried to discount such experiences & others for the small comfort of giving up, honestly I can't. I'd always wondered what was meant by "Heaven's at hand & within" ... no longer.
OBE with a great deal of spiritual wisdom.
101. Neil S's Experience 1/1/06 Something happened to me then that had never happened before; I 'saw' words in the air before me, as if they were superimposed on my normal vision. The words simply said: "Tuesday the 23rd"... It was night. We were above a town, in some dry, mountainous part of the world. There were trees, I remember - we were hovering together somewhere just above the tops of the tall pines. On the ground there were lights - the lights of vehicles on a road which ran below us. The lights illuminated the rubble of a ruined building, which was strewn across the road, blocking the vehicles. I remember the road signs, bent and twisted...the flashing of the emergency vehicles...it soon became apparent that this was a scene of devastation.
Induced OBE with premonition of earthquake that occurred as he was shown.
100. Marianne D's Experience 10/8/05 During this six weeks of quarantine, being alone got very boring. I took up Yoga again, as I started it when I was around 14. One night I was relaxing doing the "dead man's poise." A very deep relaxation, meditation. I'd done many times before I was ill. It seemed like time was in suspension, during separation from my body. All of a sudden I was up in the corner of the room I'd been laying in, bodiless! Just sight, was there. What I saw was me, laying on the floor doing my, "dead man's poise." I was in disbelief, I wanted to make sure it was really happening, so I watched me for a while, then I was frightened! I didn't want to leave my body, I wanted to go back, I did. All of a sudden I was back, back in my body...Maybe I should have enjoyed being where I was for awhile longer. I've never forgot the experience in over 31 years.
OBE associated with yoga meditation during hospitalization.
99. Mandy D's Experience 9/3/05 I started with my toes, tensing them up and then relaxing them. I did this from my toes all the way up to my head. As soon as I was completely relaxed I got little "twitches" in different parts of my muscles. Then I felt really light, like I was floating. I saw the red numbers on my alarm clock, but I did not see myself, I was too scared to look. I floated through the wall and to the backyard where I could hear my mother's wind chimes cling-clanging in the breeze as if I were standing right next to them. I started drifting upward and got a little nervous, so I tried to will my physical eyes open.
98. Melvin F's Experience 8/13/05 I felt free, and I mean free like it can never exist here on earth. The mere act of breathing is a chain in the prison compared to the pure freedom I felt. There were no restrictions, no laws of physics or simply no laws, for laws are restrictions. I was not restricted to the normal senses, so to describe something with words like hearing, feeling, seeing etc are in themselves restrictive and unable to transmit or communicate the experience. I am sorry to say that I have only this means to communicate to you what I experienced. Words are totally unsuited, but my only means. The words "I heard music", as an example is a very inadequate phrase to describe the sensation of swimming in pure Love. The "air" was exactly that "pure Love".
Remarkable experience during meditation, with profound spiritual insights.
B's Experience 8/13/05
A couple times I've spoken to
ghosts of dead relatives who have given me visions of future events. In
1996 my deceased father appeared to me through a wall in a ball of blue
light and told me "I'm sorry I can't be with you at this most important time
in your life. I'd like to give you a hug. It was time for me to go". And
then he was gone back through the wall in the light. Then, in the same
vision, I saw me in a hospital bed and I was looking at the floor next to
the bed and I saw my son and a man I did not know sitting on the floor
looking up as if in awe because they too, saw the ball of blue light. This
indeed began a VERY important time in my life.
A variety of OBEs and visions over decades.
96. Penny J's Experience 7/10/05 i traveled to someone's house. while there i saw my boyfriend and a woman on the stairs. later i found out that at that time my boyfriend was secretly seeing his ex-girlfriend at the same time as this out of body.
Multiple OBE episodes described.
95. Mike M's Experience. 5/29/2005 The thing that I feel separates me from the rest, For the last two years or so, it happens almost every night. At first, I had no control. My "spirit" would travel on its own. I could not control direction or any of my body parts. I realize there are no body parts to the spirit, but somehow it still helps guide me when I do these things... Most do not understand. A few wish they could experience the same. I tell them to be VERY careful what you wish for.
Multiple OBEs over the past several years.
94. John J's Experience. 4/17/2005 So, OOBE, my experience. Always, first phase accompanied by sounds, vibrations, voices, pressure, the usual. Followed by, second phase, simply being out of body. Here, I have met deceased friends and relatives, spiritual guides, traveled to physical places, astral places, and explored past and future lives. I have also, watched astral movies, been to educational classes, done soul rescue and counseling.
Lifelong history of ability to have OBEs. Comments on what he has learned from his multiple experiences.
93. Tami C's Experience. 4/16/2005 I was floating above a scene in my life but from the future. About 10 feet high or so, and would follow my self in a future day for whatever distance the experience lasted. My future self would talk, laugh, play whatever and my other-self would watch, but "I" was the floating one, even though I was no less the one walking also.
Lifelong ability to have OBE's and see future events, usually within three months of the experience.
92. Sylvia M's Experience. 3/12/05 The next thing I knew was I was looking down on the Alps and I was doing somersaults in the air. It was a beautiful feeling of serenity and freedom. I then felt myself descend and I was then stood in a garden, on old wooden cottage with some people in the garden looking at me. They seemed to know me but the dress was really old so I knew I had gone back in time. I looked up at the house and I ran upstairs. I was furious and panicking at the same time. As I burst into one of the bedrooms there was a young girl in there and an older man. I started shouting at him in French. I don't speak French but it was natural to be speaking it there. The girls ran out and the man was apologizing and agreeing with me. One of the feelings was that I said she is too young!
Dream- OBE, saw Greek city she was in Then went back in time and knew she was speaking French, which she could not speak.
91. Laura G's Experience. 3/12/05 I was quite amused and figuratively shaking my head at myself as I got up off the floor. But as I stood up, I noticed someone laying in my bed on her back. In three instances, this is what went through my mind. "Someone is in my bed!" "Diane is in my bed!?!" (Diane is my identical twin, who lived in New Orleans at the time.) And, "No, that's not Diane -- that's ME!!"
In meditation, OBE to side of bed. Looked at self, lay next to self, and returned into body.
90. Marisa S's Experience. 2/18/05 From Mozambique Everything was just normal and I felt a kind of big relief thinking “oh, finally I am out of bed, for real”… But when I start walking to the table near the bed (to take a cigar) I felt almost petrified when I saw myself sleeping in the bed. I felt so sacred that I didn’t know what to think about… Then, I went closer to the bed to see and prove myself that I was really seeing my body in the bed. I tried to touch the body but it was like my hands had no consistence, I couldn’t touch it, I had no hands, I looked to my legs and I had no legs… then I realized that I had no body, the body was there in the bed.
Great descriptions of lucid dreaming and trying to wake up, only to fall into another dream.
89. Julie's Experience. 2/18/05 While I was having a dream about him (totally unrelated to what he experienced), he felt a hand on his shoulder. It was a strong grip, he could not move his hand. I then began making smooching (kissing) sounds. I often do that (while awake), from across the room over the phone, giving him kisses even though I can not reach him. I hope this makes sense to you. After a few seconds he finally smooched back, I let go and began to leave. He rolled over to see me disappearing out of the room. I don't remember doing this at all. I woke up from my dream, having to go to the bathroom.
Snoring causes these events - and her husband is aware she is doing it!
88. Karen's Experience 2/18/05 One night when I was crying I became aware that I was no longer in my body and I floated up to the ceiling where I was very amused that I could touch it. This felt totally natural and I was very calm and serene and fascinated by the whole thing. I could see myself on the bed and my sister in her bed. I floated round the room and by the lampshade and then I looked at my body and drifted down back into it. This was a very pleasant experience and I wanted to repeat it. I found that if I concentrated hard enough I could leave my body at will. I only ventured as far as the doorway of the room because I wanted to keep sight of my body in case I couldn't find it again.
Child's OBEs after her parents divorced.
87. Ginger S's Experience 2/18/05 I went to bed that night before my husband got home and had thought about trying to have an OBE to see if he had kept his word to me and not discussed our problems. Well I had one heck of an OBE, I obe'd, I walked (outside myself) to the bar that I thought they might be at and found them there. I took a seat at their table and listened in on the conversation. I was horrified to hear my husband describing in detail all of our marital difficulties and doubly horrified to hear what "our supposed friend" said in response to them.
86. Todd B's Experience 2/18/05 The next thing I remember, I "see" this hole in our ceiling, just to the left of our bed. I instinctively floated towards - and up - through the hole. I remember vividly seeing pieces of wood structure you would expect in the attic, then all of a sudden I am sitting on the top of our roof. We lived in a town home at the time, so the homes were connected. I remember thinking how cool it looked up here. All the pointed rooftops. I looked up and the stars were AMAZING. One cluster in particular seemed alive somehow. It's hard to explain really, but it seemed like it had consciousness. I remember thinking I wish I had a camera. I could also see a very bright star in the Southwest.
OBE using the "Roll Out" Technique.
85. Sharon K's Experience 2/18/05 All of sudden I heard the loud vibratory sound in my head and whilst visualizing my body six feet above my body, my hands involuntarily stretched towards the direction of the ceiling (one wrist over the other), then swung from side to side in a violent motion. The next instance I am rising gently out of my body to the right side of my bed. My landing was so gentle. I turned around and looked at my body. I walked over to it and looked at myself. Everything was lit up in my room and colors were extraordinarily vivid.
84. Cindy G's Experience
2/18/05 One evening, at my parents house, my mother and I were laying on sofas watching T.V. together when I suddenly found myself going into this state. After fighting for my life to stop it, I jumped up and freaked out, like I always did, and my actions caught the attention of my mother. I explained to my mother what I had just experienced. I was surprised when she accepted my strange experience without question, and simply referred me to speak with my father about this, because he had experienced this in the past.
She provides some strong evidence that the ability to have OBEs may be hereditary.
83. Paul W's Experience
2/18/05 So, already reclining on a sofa I entered into a state of comfortable low-key thought and visualized being with my son that I was very close to. In seconds I found myself in his automobile driving through a part of town where a river exists and we were driving toward a bridge that spanned that river. Driving over the bridge the windshield of his automobile became suddenly covered with water splashing wildly over the whole windshield? I immediately sat up and ended the journey, fearing that the automobile had gone off the bridge and into the river! I was upset and decided I would not ever fool with OBE again.
Interesting because his son was getting the car washed at the time.
82. Rose M's Experience 12/12/04 I found myself ending up in my back garden and i felt much more physical and out of control than ever but i managed to rise up and look over my trees and i saw my whole neighborhood as some sort of massive factory with reddish smoke coming out of the funnels which scared me but when i came back into my body i forgot about what had happened. Some months later my friend who has had similar obe's had told me that he saw these factories as well which until then i didn't mention a word about my experience to him. (I think that is very strange).
Frequent flyer with a variety of experiences.
81. Edward B's Experience 11/27/04 I might mention that our appearances were not bodies or ghosts. They were simply an image of a brain without a body and the silver cords seemed to be the equivalent of a super flexible spinal cord. They could stretch to infinity! I decided to move on and found myself viewing a funeral procession, then some small dome shaped buildings made of rocks painted white. The road leading to them was divided and on the mound at the split, there were more rocks painted white.
Interesting OBE induced by hypnosis, but allowing for time travel - both forwards and backwards.
80. Avadhesh's Experience 10/24/04 From India. Then I suddenly felt as if my head was drifting toward right and my feet were drifting towards left. So my body started spinning, with navel as the center, counter clock wise slowly. I felt this drifting till I felt that I was lying at right angle to my physical body. I was also conscious that the drifting body must have been internal astral body and not the physical body. Then it again drifted back and aligned with physical body. During this phase, I heard as if some one was calling me by my name from the gate of my flat.
Good description of a series of experiences from meditation as he tries to induce an OBE.
79. Lauren R's Experience
10/24/04 I saw myself, up against the mirror. But then, I saw a blurred version of me again trying to climb out of my body, pulling away from the mirror. My insides felt as if they were being wrenched from my body and I felt like I had no..essence, really. This blurred version of me then stood behind my body, just watching. It was breathing heavily, just like I was, slumped in the same position as I but not leaning against anything. It was then that I swayed backwards and fell on the floor and I stared up at the ceiling for what seemed like an eternity.
This is another type of OBE that on one level might be autoscopy or if it is related to consciousness, it might fall under a bilocation category.
78. Mixalis' Experience
10/24/04 From Greece In December 2003 i succeed to have an OBE. It was very clear and i had a very clear mind. It lasts for just some seconds but i remember i was on my room, without moving. My only fear was not to lose a "bond" that i felt in my heels with my body. I behold a table that i have in my bedroom. It was empty. After some seconds i believe, i woke up. I saw the table and it was full of books and cafe glasses. It was strange. My emotion was very clearly not a dream. I told it to a friend of mine who does reiki yoga etc. He told me that i may have seen my room in another time.
Repeated attempts to have an OBE finally succeeded.
78. Charles C' Experience
10/24/04 i had a friend to write a letter and draw a shape on a blank peace of paper and tape the paper to the refrigerator and then i had an obe and i told her that she drew a triangle with the letter f inside it and i was right
77. J.D. A's Experience 9/12/04 I just kept concentrating on going down the hall to go to my baby daughter's room to check on her. I made it that far and tried to go back to my room, figuring that I had made my first "baby steps" and that was good enough for now. Well, as I tried to get into my body I kept floating upwards towards the ceiling. I remembered thinking, "oh my God, I'm going through the ceiling." We lived in an apartment at the time, so I went through the ceiling into the bedroom of the apartment directly above us.
First OBE after a year of trying.
I was planning a work related party and suddenly felt the same thing. I
was talking with groups of people, and felt that I was watching myself from
the right. It felt like I was channeling through my own body and that I
had no connection at all. It lasted for three days. I went to a doctor,
who prescribed Xanax for me telling me it was a panic attack.
This OBE sounds more like autoscopy than regular OBEs.
75. Cezyl's Experiences 9/10/04 I thought to make sure I was out by jumping and floating like Mysticweb suggests, and I floated, though I could not really control my flight. I thought to go through the door. I jumped and floated as if reclining on a three-section lawn chair, legs out, and arms folded behind my head. I floated through the door feet first, proud that I am ‘out’ and passing through things. I felt myself going through the door and to outside, which drastically differs from actual physical reality here.
This is the beginning of a chronology of experiments in the OBE state. Many helpful hints for those who are trying to have an OBE.
74. CS's Experiences 8/12/04 After a minute, he said that in our heads, we should dance right up through the top of our heads. At that point, I felt that I was a small, bright light dancing in the air over my head. I felt freer than I had ever felt and continued to dance outside of my head. I was ecstatic. Finally he called us back to our bodies. I continued to feel light and very happy and free for about an hour after the experience.
Two very interesting experiences.
73. Theodor G's Experience 5/29/04 from Iceland When I rise up it is often very hard, as If I am struggling, and sometime it is better for me to roll over onto the floor (still lying in bed). Sometimes though, I simply float up and drift away from the bed. Sometimes it feels as if I am taken and thrown into the air by an outside force. A feeling of outside forces is very common and often very scary. It often feels as If I am attacked by outside forces. Sometimes I even see faces. This is often very dreamlike, and I drift between dreams and awareness. Therefore I am quite certain that faces and such is induced by dreaming.
Another set of experiences initiated by sleep paralysis. This is interesting in that you can see the spectrum between dreams, lucid dreams, and OBEs.
72. Adriaan's Experience
A little bit
after 4 o'clock at night I couldn't move any more, but was still completely
awake. Then it felt as if I was drifting towards the ceiling, hovering above
my body for a couple of seconds. It felt completely peaceful. When I realized
that I wasn't staying in my body, I thought I was going to die. In a split of
a second I was back in my body, screaming on top of my lungs in the way a baby
after birth would do. I was fighting for every breath and felt glad for every
beat my heart made.
Two experiences, A SOBE and an OBE experience.
Thomas M's Experience
sister, I asked if our grandfather had stopped over and she said, 'I told you
the last time you came up that he didn't!' I asked her what she meant and she
informed me that 10-15 minutes earlier I had come upstairs wandered around
every room of the house and asked the same question before returning
downstairs to my bedroom. She mentioned I looked pale and didn't really act
like my normal self. However, I did not leave the bed in my room.
This might be bi-location or possibly a variant of OBE.
70. Deb T's Experience 5/9/04 I was again napping, on my stomach, and felt something grab me by the ankles. It was not like hands on my skin, there was no sense of flesh touching flesh, but rather the energy was concentrated on my ankles. This thing YANKED me off the end of the bed. At that time we had the box springs and mattress on the floor, no bed frame. As I was pulled off the bed I felt the blankets bunch up under my body, my t-shirt roll up as I moved. There was a wall about 4 feet away from the end of the bed and I felt myself thrown against this wall and ended up crumpled in a pile on the floor. I felt huge fear and a very palpable PRESENCE. This was a malevolent being who was showing me its dominance and even anger. I struggled to return to my body and wake up.
Learned to overcome her frightening OBEs by calling on Jesus Christ.
69. Cord M's Experience 5/9/04 That same night as I was waking up from a dream I felt the sleep paralysis begin to take hold. At that moment I thought about the connection I had made earlier that day and completely gave into the paralysis. I then experienced my first conscious OBE. I essentially sat up astrally, both half in and half out of my body. I remember looking around my room in this state while realizing that I had just succeeded in overcoming my fear of flight!!! I remained conscious for just a few moments more before blacking out and waking up again in my body.
For years had a problem with sleep paralysis and fear. Then one day he gave in . . .
When I got through I saw my mother cooking at the stove. She turned and looked
up at the ceiling, me. She ran from the kitchen to my bedroom as I seemed
pulled back through the wall. She again looked up at the ceiling and down
toward me as I reentered my body. She looked worried and told me not to do
I got more and more relaxed, I noticed or felt there was a light on in the
hallway and some talking. I disregarded it thinking it was just someone going
into the bathroom or something minor. Then, I heard the father say something,
like "I'm not afraid of him. I am going to tell him to go home. I felt a
whoosh of a yellow light into my head. A few seconds later, the father
pretended he was looking for his boots and grabbed my head. I said that was
me. He said to go home. I said I can't because of the snow. He said to stay
out here. I said I would be right here.
Great OBEs; one was verified by a whole family.
Yvonne D's Experience
Recently I have worked out that I
can will myself in a direction but even this doesn't always work to plan. When I
first leave I feel very conscious of what I am doing but it doesn't take long
until I get distracted by things such as looking at doorways or furniture like I
have never seen them before. Once I spent the entire time checking out the
bottom trimmings on my wardrobe. I couldn't touch them no matter how hard I
tried and I just seemed fascinated. It was like I had never seen them before.
Another time I fell through the wall of the bedroom to the driveway and was
fascinated by a sense of space.
She experiments frequently in the OBE state.
Dominick V's Experience
My first OBE
was when I was 19. My grandfather died. That evening I had an OBE where I met my
Grandfather in a park. We were face to face & he was telling me that I shouldn't
worry because he still existed & I could visit him anytime I wanted. He told me
that he would wait for my Grandmother until he went to his final destination. I
would meet him twice a week for 9 years.
This seems to be a cross between OBEs and ADCs, almost traveling to a place between this world and the next.
62. Neil W's Experience 3/22/04 My experiences start with buzzing in my head, which is like a moderate electric shock. At first this is intermittent then becomes constant at which point I leave my body. I usually hover around a while. The first experiences took me by surprise and shocked me back into my body. I then began to feel intense peace when they happened and began to control my movements. I can make a conscious decision to go through walls or floors or down the street. Outside seems darker and very quiet and peaceful as is the whole experience. Something stops me from visiting friends or relatives houses. When I return to my body I follow the same route in reverse. I sometimes get annoyed and frustrated if its a short experience and I always want more.
Frequent flyer with a lot of good detail.
Carol N's Experience
friend died in 1993. i was devastated. i willed him desperately to let me know if
he was really gone. three months later i began to experience vibrations through
my body. paralyzation. sitting up. feeling. traveling through blackness until i
ended up somewhere else. i was terrified at first. i discovered i could shut it off
by sitting up when the rushes started but in the end because this problem
wouldn't go away and persisted every time i closed my eyes. i had no choice but to
research this bedtime nightmare. i know a lot about astral travel now. at
first i didn't know what was happening to me. i have seen my dead friend a few
times since i lost my fear and he told
me he switched me on.
Involuntary frequent flyer that has learned a lot over time.
60. Astral T's Experience 3/22/04 From Poland. It was an OBE, I was standing in my room and looking at the my sleeping body. Short and to the point.
given night, I will be fast asleep dreaming or not dreaming, and then be aware,
and "look" around the room through (?) my eyelids. rather than try to stop it or
get up and look at my body (as, evidently everyone and their mother does!) I
will scan. I scan the room I am sleeping in. What I see there upsets me in the
A bit on the irreverent side, but there is some good information.
58. Coney A's Experience 2/20/04 Lying in bed at night. Felt strange feeling of wanting to float which scared the hell out of me. Then I said, as a researcher, lets see what happens if I let it go. I floated to the ceiling, saw my wife sleeping and my body. I left the house, floated above all the cities till I got to a woman friend's house. No feeling of cold, noise and definitely not a dream. Stood at the door and thought of opening it when it dawned on me that I could walk right through the door which I did. In the living room was the mother and father and the woman all watching TV. No sound just sight. She was drinking a beer and laughing with family. I turned and left, floating the 50 some miles back home in a matter of seconds.
Verified as accurate later and then he tried again and found her in the shower!
57. Chevy N's Experience 2/20/04 When I exit my body during the dream state, I am fully aware of the fact that I am in some type of dream state. I am outside my body. I can walk into the living room, create a door and exit outside. I can create images or they just appear before me. All of my senses seem real. I can feel the dampness of grass at my feet when I am walking on my lawn. I can feel the soft fur of my cat that I am petting. I can feel the mist of water on my body from a waterfall, I can hear beautiful music playing. I can increase the volume or lower it by concentration. It is really awesome.
Many wonderful experiences!
56. Admir S's Experience 1/13/04 I became lucid in a huge meeting hall were hundreds of people were meeting, many walking in an out, a stairway connected the outside with the inside of the area. No sooner I had entered the place and girl took my hand and led me flying outside, and I found myself flying over people entering the from. The girl left me floating under the most gorgious, blue, sparsely cloudy sky which partially hid the sun, "What a marvelous thing, people!” I shouted.
Here's a frequent flyer from Brazil. It is interesting because these experiences show the cross-overs between lucid dreaming and OBEs and add a cross-cultural flavor to the narratives.
heard loud buzzing and crackling sounds, and they started getting louder. At
the same time, I could see a bright light coming from out of the distance (I had
my eyes closed). Once the light and sounds reached a climax, I heard a loud
bang like something being ripped apart. I guess the best comparison would be a
sonic boom. Immediately after that, I could see everything around me in the
car, and I began to float above my body and out of the roof of the car. I
hovered about 3 feet above the car for a few second, long enough to see my
brother walking out of the house, carrying his CD's in a carrying case.
Remote viewing experience.
54. Martin O's Experience 1/3/04 THE FIRST TIME THAT I SAW SOMETHING BESIDE ME: I WAS YOUNG 15YRS JUST COME HOME FROM FOOT BALL. WENT UP TO THE BED ROOM TO SLEEP BECAUSE I WAS REALLY TIRED. I FOUND MYSELF LATER LOOKING AT MY SISTERS LAYING ON THE COUCH WATCHING TV. MY SISTER WAS VISITING WITH HER HUBBY WHEN I HEARD MY MOM SAY COULD SOMEONE GO AND LOOK UP STAIRS FOR WHAT THAT BIG THUD WAS.
Describes multiple experiences fighting with entities.
53. Patti V's Experiences 12/19/03 PHYSICAL- STATIC ELECTRICAL FLOW FROM THE HEAD THROUGH THE BODY. THIS IS ALMOST LIKE TV OR RADIO STATIC. THIS CAUSES A DEEP VIBRATION WHICH LIFT YOU OUT. AT TIMES, THE ELECTRICAL FLOW CAN BE DESCRIBED AS UNCOMFORTABLE. WHY ITS IS STRONGER AT CERTAIN TIMES THAN OTHERS, I DO NOT KNOW. LEAVING THE BODY HAS OCCURRED THROUGH THE HEAD. WHEN THIS HAPPENS I HEAR A LOUD TAP OR THUD BEFORE. AT OTHER TIMES, THE VIBRATION JUST PULLS ME LOOSE, BUT IT IS MOSTLY THROUGH THE HEAD THAT I LEAVE. SUNLIGHT OR FOCUSING ON A BEAM OF ENERGY WILL IN MANY CASES LEAD TO THESE EXPERIENCES. MOST OF THEM HOWEVER ARE AT NIGHT. Here is a description of physical, astral, and spiritual planes from a frequent flyer.
52. Adrian B's Experiences 12/19/03 OBE are helpful and informative at this second level as I call it, and they are not self generated, I have had to many to know that for certain, I can bring about the conditions where they can occur, but that also depends if those who have our welfare at heart have anything they need to tell us. OBE at the first level are fun because you can go and do what you want, with out any restrictions of climate cost or interference from people that should just keep their noses out of my business, big brother.
This has some good descriptions of the phenomena if you can wade through the condescending language.
51. Bruce D's Experience 11/14/03 I was traveling above a brilliantly glittering expanse of ocean. A white dove was flying directly below me and then turned into a stone and fell into the ocean and disappeared beneath it's surface. A voice said, "Transformation, change is what keeps the bird aloft, and if this process should cease, the bird would be petrified into stone and disappear into an abyss." I was then at the edge of a tropical swamp at twilight. There were the sounds and calls of a myriad of unknown creatures filling my ears. As I stood there, an unusual amphibious creature just below the brackish water could be seen approaching the shore.
This is a transcendent experience well worth the read as the "co-creators" were discussing what to do with earth because it was throwing the universe out of balance.
50. Asya K's Experience 11/14/03 FROM ARGENTINA In another time during that night, when I got out of my body, I concentrated on getting myself to the house of a certain person I have feelings for, as I once read in a website that it is possible to project myself... Suddenly I found myself in his bedroom. I do not remember many images... except for the image of his wife lying in bed, and his hand encircling her naked lower stomach. It only lasted seconds and then I returned to my body.
After a couple of tries, she succeeded in projecting her consciousness outside her body and directed it to a friend's house.
49. Jennifer D's Experience 09/21/03 The rhythmic 'whump' sound was the sound of horse hooves against hard dirt. I was crouched as close to the horse as I could get and I knew we had to go faster. I felt something fly by my right cheek and heard a whistle sound as it passed. I realized it was an arrow and that I was being chased, which explains the feel of panic I had, yet I was calm. It was like I was entering someone else's body and mind. The wind was cold and stung the sides of my face that weren't buried into the mane, my arms held tight to the reigns as I urged the horse to go faster.
Fascinating concept! She went to another time and space, with a theory that she entered into another person's body who had a NDE or was about to die at the time.
48. Themos P's Experience 09/21/03 I told myself I wanted to go to the red planet (or the orange, I don’t remember which one I said.) At that point, I expected to slowly see the planet coming into view. Instead, I find myself looking through a sky at night as if I was back on earth in the night time. As I was flying, I could see lights from cities and as I was going back in great speeds, I noticed what seemed like a part of a city raised off the ground. There were lights in geometric patterns – I think the lights were green. It was a green city floating in the sky.
Here's an OBE with an ADC (with his father) in which he likens the experience to a lucid dream.
47. Rachel V's Experience 09/21/03 It always started as waking up in my bed (thought I was awake) hearing banging..soft then as it moved closer became real loud. Feeling something grabbing me, hovering over me, trying to scare me. Seeing someone in the corner of my room just looking at me. This went on for months. One day I got up...this is when I finally realized I was sleeping because I felt different and saw myself and my husband sleeping in the bed.
This is a frequent flyer who stays close to home but the scenery at the house changes. Could this be part of a phase shift or different dimension?
Andy A's Experience
It so happened that an old lady
I knew was sat outside her house enjoying the afternoon sun and looked straight
at me while I was airborne. I even remember thinking that something was wrong
because she did not appear surprised at seeing someone float down the street. I
also noticed she had hairs on her chin, something I could not have seen from
across the street, unless my senses were a lot more acute than usual. Nothing
bizarre happened while floating, if floating itself is not considered bizarre,
and I can only surmise that this was some sort of extreme runner’s high brought
on by endorphins.
Child's athletics helped him to have these experiences. He describes being awake, yet able to bi-locate from his body so that he jumps farther than his physical body.
45. David O's Experience 08/10/03 Finally I was able to allow myself to rise out of my body and not get frightened and stay focused in my concentration. At this point I could float out of my body. See myself on the bed and was hovering at the ceiling of my room. I could turn my focus to look at anything in the room but it felt slow. I was conscious enough to make a decision to look at specific things and rise up and down as if floating.
He describes the process of learning how to leave the body and some of his experiments while in the OBE state.
44. Jamie M's Experience 06/14/03 I had decided to focus my energy on sending out a message to the universe that I was ready to meet my soul mate. After a short bit I began to realize that I could hear myself breathing kind of loudly, almost snoring. As I realized this sound was from "outside" of myself. I looked forward...out a window which is behind me in my bed. The room was illuminated but there was no light source. It was not bright...but I could just see everything perfectly.
Interesting description of an altered state.
Sweden. I had been
at a state of deep relaxation all day. I was now lying on my bed , trying to
meditate. Suddenly I felt a strong pressure on the right side of my head and the
left leg, under the knee. I found my right side being lifted up into the air,
very slowly. At first I was interested in what happened and let it happen,
willingly. The other side of my body was lifted up as well. Then I realized how
absurd it was to be floating a few decimeters over the bed.
Brief but intense OBE experience
42. Abhishek M's Experience 04/19/03 From India. The next thing I knew is that I was out of my body. I looked at my arm to see what was wrong with it, and what I saw was a bluish-whitish translucent arm! My arm was long and wavy and I couldn't see any fingers on my hand.. I realized that I was really having an OBE, my first, and immediately I saw that the door to my room wasn't locked and the thought of somebody coming inside the room and checking out my body scared me. The moment this thought entered my mind, I was back in my body and I opened my eyes. The whole day my arm ached. It felt weak and devoid of energy. It took a few days to return back to normal.
Good, detailed OBE experience. This is especially interesting because there was a time where his perception of his etheric arm seemed more real than his earthly arm.
I have come to consciousness
floating high above my house looking down at the trees and roof so vividly. I
have been visited and paralyzed by four pairs of arms of apparitions, and two
nights later the same kind of apparition grabbed a hold of my arm (physical one)
and yanked it into the air while i was laying on my bed. I saw one spirit who
was peaceful. I can not move physical objects while out of my body, but i can
think myself places. One i had i was soaring over fields, and trees and came to
a training camp way out in the mountains where soldiers were training with fire
arms. I have had experiences that brought me to some ones house. I observed
what went on and later verified it to the person.
Fascinating possibilities between sleep narcolepsy and OBEs. If anyone else has experienced this or has any input, would love to hear it and pass it on to her!
I was sitting and watching from
the shadows. a woman materialized from out of nowhere right before my eyes. She
was dressed from a past era. I asked her who she was. She said " I am you." She
did not look like me but I knew it was me, from a different dimension.
Somehow I found out that she had been murdered. The others knew who murdered her
but could not prove it because her body disappeared and they needed her blood
sample to prove the murder. Then she vanished. Because she and I were one, they
had brought me into this other dimension to extract blood from me( because it
would be identical).
This is an amazing travel between dimensions to solve a murder mystery. This story has great movie potential!
One night I was lying in bed
asleep. The next thing I knew I felt awake but heard a loud buzz in my ears, I
couldn't move and I had pins and needles in my hands. I felt I was being dragged
from my bed by my left hand, but couldn't see anyone in the room. I was
extremely frightened. I then found myself in front of my wardrobes full length
mirror. I was naked (always sleep in nightwear) and the whites of my eyes were
black. I looked like I had no eyes. The pulling continued and seemed to drag me
up the wall of my bedroom, I remember thinking the word 'no' over and over
Initially a frightening set of experiences, her mother's passing away has renewed her interest in OBEs.
38. Damian W's Experience 04/19/03 the vibrations were getting stronger when i started thinking about moving up, i started to imagine me moving up and i did about 3 - 4 inches up of my body , i know that it was that much because i could feel my body ( material body) to be about in level of my ears. then vibration was hitting stringer i was getting scared more and i quit.
First OBE occurring during meditation.
37. Ros J's Experience 04/19/03 Suddenly I saw gray swirling energy - clouds? I don't know. It became profoundly energized, and poof! I was transported it seemed, into a tunnel - dark but with vivid scenes of my life on what seemed like endless movie screens, but I was traveling so quickly that I could scarcely see what the scenes portrayed. In fact, I cannot recall any of these scenes at all now. They seemed important at the time.
Caught off guard when meditating and experienced a SOBE with NDE-like imagery.
36. Tia B's Experiences 04/19/03 1993 I had bronchitis and could not attend my mothers funeral in Duluth, Minnesota, so I lay on my bed, and attended the funeral out of body. After viewing my mother in her coffin I returned to my body in Cresson, Texas. I spoke to 2 of my sisters on the phone after the burial and was able to describe to them, the coffin, what mother wore and how she looked, to their astonishment.
Multiple experiences that began as a small child to escape abuse.
35. Renny K's Experience 04/19/03 During these experiences I feel a great power in my mind where I can imagine anything that I want, much more real than in a dream. I have seen some pretty scary things but somehow feel protected and am not afraid to confront them. Mostly I just see myself, nearly always motionless and calm, almost statue like. I cannot see any meaning to all this other than that it is a simply amazing experience, and one I intend to enjoy over the coming years.
OBE while being acutely aware of sleep paralysis.
Once in my dream I told my sister
that my soul could leave my body. I showed her and she watched me. When my soul
returned back into my body I asked her what my soul looked like while floating
in the sky she said it was a light. Very strange dream but one that felt very
real, especially the sensation in my body just before my "soul" left my body.
Dream OBE and descriptions of other OBEs.
I saw a black void which i now think was boundary between present time and
future this limbo was guarded by two lions but they only had power if i was
afraid of them.
Several OBEs described.
32. Shannon C's Experience 1/26/03 I went traversing out in space, using my hands to fly. My heart beat played an important part in having full awareness. I went through the earth to come out the other side. I flew over the landscape out and away from earth. The stars make up celestial bodies in holographic space, there is a grandfather clock with magnificent detail. I feel like a grain of sand compared to the enormous size of this celestial object. The void of space is some sort of astral body, it's like your larger body. There is a familiar feeling in the void that's as if the movement beyond is coming from your higher being. At the same time, a ball of light takes on the shape of my spirit.
Wow! Here's a great OBE to read.
31. Bryan S's Experience 1/26/03 I was in God's backyard, wrapped or surrounded by the most intense feeling of love that I have ever felt. I described it as being hugged by God. The experience lasted about 15 minutes, give or take, as I remember the beginning and ending for the music, which was about 20 minutes long. I have vivid memories of places important to me, not from this part of the Universe. I also remember a whirlwind tour and life review that I experienced.
This experience was an answer to the dilemma between the LDS church and a homosexual lifestyle.
30. Mike T's Experience 1/17/03 Within 20 minutes of experiment, my eyes open. To my amaze it work just as I thought. My physical eyes were still close, but my spirit eye was open. And upon their opening, so my spirit was free from my body as will. I look around the room, it look the same. I feel there was a lot of energy, vibrating all around the room. I notice that if I focus on one thing, I can't see it too well. The trick to looking was to look at the whole room. There was color aura emanating from the room as well.
Experimentation with astral projection.
29. Marilyn F's Experience 1/16/03 After I shot off I ended up floating in a big long building with a bunch of sculptures and was looking at them and thinking how lovely they were, then suddenly I noticed 2 lady souls dressed in long dresses and funny little hats, they were quite a distance from me, all I did was think i wanted to talk to them and instantly was beside them. I asked the one lady where I was, and I told her I was looking for Radville, Saskatchewan, Canada. She told me "you're a long ways from Radville, maam, your in Berkshire, England."
Here's an OBE that transcends time and distance. She did a lot of traveling to different places that night.
28. Kate E's Experience 1/16/03 I was doing it, and I felt that it was fun. I wanted to wake up because the fact that my keys were moving was frightening, but I knew I was the one playing with them. I couldn't open my eyes or move, but I was trying to get up. When I started to really try, the keys stopped moving, and I could feel myself physically moving from the counter back to my body to which I was still tethered through my back. I was amorphous (sp?), but had a large volume and no weight. The largest part of this part of me was surrounding the counter, about 4 feet above the ground (it is a raised bar-like sort of counter), and about ten feet from where I was sleeping.
This experience was only 2 hours old before she posted it. Interesting discussion of being in the OBE state.
27. Annie's Experience 1/16/03 My eyesight was different you don't see things exactly the same. they look the same but its like like looking through a different pair of eyes how you see colors mainly. I do not hear the same either sounds are the same but different I can't exactly explain how I see and hear. My sense of touch, taste and smell are also the same but different. the senses are processed differently but the response....or the end result is basically the same.
When she has these "forced OBEs" they leave her exhausted.
26. Joshua A's Experience 12/22/02 Finally the light was so close that it filled my vision and I could see nothing but light. Then my eyes seemed to adjust to the light and I was floating before a great map. The map I realized was my life. I saw myself depicted as a word (written in some strange language and yet I knew what it meant) inside a circle... to tell you the truth it looked like an ORG Chart (organizational chart) I saw the relationships of people and things to me depicted with lines and I saw God and how God was related to things. Then a moment later I sat up in bed and it was over.
An OBE that talks of traveling amongst the stars and seeing connections.
25. Lorie S's Experience. 11/9/02 After it happened a few times (separate occasions), I felt the vibrating, heard the buzzing, and my body was not on the bed but a few inches from the floor between the bed and the dresser and started to spin . I was in such close proximity to the dresser and the bed, I thought I was going to hit my face. I knew what was going on but was unable to consciously move any part of my body. This frightened me so much because I could feel it start to happen and I could not do anything to stop it. The only thing that would stop it was if I moved any part of my body consciously.
Here's a very reluctant frequent flyer who is looking for some answers.
24. Eric G's Experience. 10/13/02 I then flung out of my body with a sensation as if I had flipped over backwards, and found myself on the ceiling, I turned and saw my body laying in bed. I was obviously astounded and filled with exhilaration at the intense feeling that the feeling of limitless flight gave to my body. I felt light as a feather, and was able to completely control my every movement. I then focused on the door and moved towards it, as I did so however a feeling that I can only describe as horrific came over me.
Lots of great experiences in this account!
Jesse P's Experience.
felt like I was forcefully being pulled from my body and had gotten a short
distance from my body before I got back into it. I managed to move my limbs a
few times and after I'd considered myself more than scared enough, I moved my
arms again and tried to break out of whatever trance I was in.
Frightening OBE where he felt something trying to take him from his body.
Evita S's Experience.
there's mixed signals here because even though things were the same in my
apartment they seemed a little different in the sense that not everything was
clear, some of it was a little distorted. I went into my bed room and was
shocked that I couldn't see my body. But yet I understood I was outside of my
body- I had perfect thinking, I was very aware."
Lucid dream turned OBE. She has lots of experimentation in the OBE state, erotic encounter with beings, and upon return she saw many spirits while telling her friend of her experience. This is one excellent account you won't want to miss!
21. Mary J's Experience. 9/3/02 "I felt completely paralyzed, yet I knew I was awake. I was frightened, and trying to move, I was hearing things, someone at my door the door was squeaking, I was trying to call for help but unable to. It was very slow motion, thick feeling, then suddenly I was up on the ceiling looking down at myself, I thought to myself, ok now, get back down into your body, and I did, effortlessly."
This is an OBE that occurred while in the alpha REM state (sleep paralysis.)
20. Tatiana A's Experiences. NON-WESTERN OBE FROM PORTUGAL 8/21/02. I was in my bed. When I looked, he was standing next to my bed. I asked him if he was alright. He told me "Yes", without speaking. I asked him if I could hold him. If that was possible. He say I could. I got up and gave him a hug. Than I cried. I wasn't afraid or sad. I just missed him so much. The hug lasted about 10/15 seconds. Than I saw him vanishing, gradually.
This narrative describes an after death communication (ADC) hug with her uncle and an OBE where she traveled to various places in the past.
19. Amy P's Experience. 7/29/02. "The earth changed from a globe into a flat surface in front of me. The land and water were sparkling, like different colored jewels. The beauty was dazzling and the joy and love I felt was overwhelming. I became profoundly aware of the special ness of the earth and I felt grateful for life. I then became aware of the darkness and space around me and became scared. The instant I felt that, I felt myself do a back flip into a very comfortable place, like a big pillow. My "eyes" were closed and I opened them just enough to experience a radiant, brilliant light."
This a remarkable first OBE with many others to follow.
18. Conner's Experience. 7/29/02. "I grew up in Connecticut. The very first time I had a trip was when I was 9, maybe a little older . It was late at night and I was sleeping in bed, I woke up and put my arms out in front of me and I felt the ceiling with my hands ( I know it was the ceiling because the paint was that bumpy type, not smooth ). I also felt what was inside of the wall, I felt the insulation and the wood. I was so afraid I never opened my eyes the whole time."
Here's a frequent flyer who makes it a point to check times and places for later writing in his journal.
17. Missy S's Experience. 7/29/02. "i have had several spontaneous obe's, usually while napping or during the night while asleep. sometimes i stand up out of my body, sometimes i jump out. there is always a strange hum. the only thing i could compare it to is the sound monks make while chanting or a low tuning fork being struck very loudly."
Here's a frequent flyer, nothing specific though.
16. Mia K's Experiences. 7/22/02 "I WOULD BE SLEEPING AND SUDDENLY THINK I WAS AWAKE BECAUSE I COULD SEE AROUND MY ROOM AND MOVE AROUND, I THEN WOULD SEE MYSELF IN BED, AND PANIC, THEN WOULD COME A GREAT PULLING SENSATION THAT I COULD FEEL THROUGH MY WHOLE BODY WHICH SCARED ME VERY BAD. AND THEN I WOULD WAKE UP."
Frequent flyer since age 5 where she has OBEs and sees other beings.
15. Antonius' Experience: INDONESIAN EXPERIENCE As I want to go far away, then I move upward passing through my ceiling and my roof. I can see my roof from a plan view. I feel excited. WOW! I am up and up, suddenly 'Oops' I can't see my house...the earth. I only see many stars blink. Wow, it's wonderful! But after that I feel fear. Not long after that, I am pulled into my body.
This is a wonderful account from a non-western frequent flyer! 7/8/02
14. Bobby R's Experiences: Then on the 4th time of this, I saw myself lying there asleep, but a Black Cat ( large for a domestic cat, but not overly large) was sitting on my chest biting me on the face and head. This really scared me and I discussed this with my Doctor the next day. He was quite impressed and told me how he had tried unsuccessfully for years to induce an OBE himself and gave me a brief overview of the process. I told him it spooked me too much and I thought I was going crazy. He said not to be afraid of it, but to welcome it. I told him I just wanted it to stop. He suggested sleeping with the light on and the tv or radio playing so it wouldn't be so quite and dark.
Unwelcome frequent flyer OBEs that interfere with sleep ability. If this is a problem for Bobby or others, suggest contacting a sleep clinic doctor or perhaps the Monroe Institute. 6/20/02
13. Colin M's Experiences 6/7/02 FROM BELGIUM "As a child (8-12) I had little OUT-of Body experiences. Mainly when I had the flu with some fever. When I was almost sleeping, with my eyes closed, I felt like I was going up and there was nothing I could do about that. I was not scary but strange. When I opened my eyes I could see myself in my bed, and I was as high as the ceiling. I do not remember how I got back, but the feeling of being out of my body faded away and I was back in my body."
OBE experiences from childhood.
12. Melissa C's Experiences 6/7/02 " When i usually have these OBE i'm competely relaxed and i feel myself being pulled from my body. These experiences sometimes frighten me. I sometimes float around inside my house or outside my house. Everything is the same as if i was awake, nothing is enhanced, besides the fact that i'm floating around. These OBE are sometimes peaceful, but sometimes they're not."
Another frequent flyer. What is interesting is that she uses her sister's name to bring her back to earth. A soul cluster group relation with her sister could be a key to her purpose on earth.
11. Thelma L's Experience: "One time when I was about 60 yrs old, I had an experience which angered me and that evening just as a laid down for sleep I popped out so fast, it was unusual, so I decided to find the person with whom I was annoyed and see if I could change her mind about a decision she had made regarding employment for me. I found her in a motel room, she was talking to some others. I started telling her what I thought of her and became very angry with her. She appeared puzzled but not really aware I was there. Two men came out of the motel office. They were dressed like the young Mormons men who went from house to house and they each took me by the arm, took me out the door and told me that it was not the way to use the experience." 5/27/02
10. Micheal's OBEs 5/14/02. "I was disappointed to see that my son was not there...I asked the children where he was and they pointed...giggling...at the corner of the room...he suddenly appeared...much younger than at the age he would be...he was shy...embarrassed and hesitant...I was overjoyed...cried out his name and we hugged and kissed...but alas...it was only momentary"
Wonderful visit with his deceased son, even it was a short visit.
9. Guilherme D's OBEs 4/29/02. Non-western experiences from Brazil! They're mainly out of body experiences, sometimes spontaneous, other times induced, most times unconscious during the event. The most impressive one was while I was very tired talking on the phone, and all of a sudden I was describing on the phone what I was observing outside from my bedroom window, but I was half sat on my bed meters away from the window. When I "returned" consciously on the phone, I just mentioned impressed by the event: "Hey! I'm not there!" His experiences have led him to develop his abilities and to teach others his methods.
8. Laura D's OBEs 4/1/02. "The colors are absolutely brilliant. I always try to find my husband if he is not in the room. I have flown over the country and into deep bodies of water. There are times when I don't want to go because I am scared to I try to wake myself up by yelling to Christ or trying to move my pinky finger."
Here's a frequent flyer, with an unusual pattern of seeing lake bottoms.
7. Greg's OBE(2). 3/25/02. "The workers all had on white "lab coats", and the room next to the one where people were queuing, consisted of a number of glass-enclosed cubicles with reclining chairs. In each was a person with headphones on, being attuned to by a "worker" in a lab coat. My understanding was that they were being given info, that could/would be triggered at the necessary time in the future?"
OBE with reincarnation imagery. This experience provides the motivation for future study of the OBE phenomena.
"this has happened for my whole life, but yes many beautiful places,
states. I recall one where the clouds where silver, almost like iron filings
or pencil lead? Feel I have crossed two boundaries/levels to a 5th
dimension on one occasion"
General description of what he experiences in numerous OBEs.
the awe of understanding and having proof that you can exist outside of your
physical shell. Any misconceptions
about physical death disappear
and with it fear. Imagine the
realization of what lies beyond this limited world, and the possibilities, the
open doors, and the prospect of seeing again, everyone you loved who passed on."
Fascinating and extremely lucid descriptions of separation of consciousness. This knowledge gives new perspectives on the nature of the soul.
4. Natasha's OBE 3/8/02. During the actual realization that I was a separate entity of some sort, and my body was on the bed, I felt like I was awake, and hence when i "woke" up it didn't feel like I was waking up, it felt like I had regained my faculties and was able to walk in the real world.
It's hard to say what is more fascinating, the description of separation of consciousness or the time disorientation.
3. Char's OBE 3/8/02. With that I KNEW that the God most of us have been taught about, and the prerequisite goodness that one is suppose to have to get to the proverbial heaven -- was totally incorrect. That experience showed me that all one has to do is want to go home - to return to our source - whatever you choose to label it.
NDE-Like imagery with major transformative spiritual impact on life.
2. Christopher's OBE 3/2/01. I awoke within it to find myself standing in the presence of a huge sun or sphere of light and I quickly learned that this sun was pure consciousness and awareness. Although its surface was only swirling light and did not have a face, it seemed as if it was smiling at me and had nothing but love for me.
Truly a transcendent experience!
1. Susan's OBE 6/17/99. I was sitting in a dimly lit room staring into the darkness of my bedroom meditating. The meditation was on "love" or "death." My 19 year old sister had died two years before. I was suddenly in a tunnel. I was unaware of my feet moving, but I was moving. There was a coolness and the sound of swooshing. I came out of the tunnel into, what can best be described as a "large cavern."
by Jody Long & Jeffrey Long, MD
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Webmaster: Jody A. Long