269. Pete B Experiences 5/24/15The most interesting OBE I had involved rising up from the bed, through the ceiling and down the alley behind our house. I had sight and looked down to see a basket ball hoop in the backyard of a house down the street. It was odd because the backyard was all grass and not pavement. The experience lasted about 30 seconds. When it was over, I was curious. I walked down the alley to the yard in the OBE and much to my surprise, there was a basketball poll in the backyard over all grass. I can say with 100% certainty that I had not been down there before. One interesting thing. The hoop was on the opposite side of the lawn than what I saw in my OBE. Later, I would read in doobe.txt that things are often reversed.
Numerous OBEs over the years and main points he learned.
268. Diane T Experiences 2/1/15 In 2008; I was in a long distance relationship, dating a man who lived about 4 hours away. One night while sleeping in my bed: I felt like I visited him at his home. We were walking through his house toward his back yard to go outside and he told me "be careful, I just broke some glass earlier and I might not have gotten it all cleaned up". I was barefooted, during my visit and I did step on a small sliver of glass during the experience and stated, it's nothing I will get it out later. When I woke up in the morning, I immediately remembered the glass in my foot and reached down and picked a piece of glass from my foot. Then I remembered the experience. I talked to my boyfriend later that day and he told me that the night before he dropped a full / brand new bottle of alcohol the night before and was upset. But I already knew cause I had the glass in my foot.
OBEs dreams with remarkable potential physical confirmation of having visited boyfriend far away.
267. Sarah S Experience 2/1/15 In the dream, most of the cattle were laying down several feet away from the water. Some were grazing around the area. I noticed 3 newborn baby cows with our cattle. Two of them were black and one of them was black and white. They all looked content and healthy, including the babies. I woke up immediately and told my husband about the dream. A short time later, he went outside to feed the cattle some hay in our barn. One of the pregnant cows was "missing" and my husband reported it right away.
OBE dream with vision of a newborn bull- observations confirmed morning after dream.
266. Janine Experience 1/21/15 Then I felt weightless. At first I wondered what was happening, I'd never felt anything like it. I was in the air floating, I could see my room and myself sleeping. It dawned on me I was "flying" around my bedroom and I felt peaceful and happy, elated in fact. Then I suddenly snapped back into my body. A few moments later the same sensation happened again and I was again out of my body. I thought maybe I'm in spirit, but if I'm in spirit why is my deceased daughter not here. A few moments later I snapped back before it started again, this time I wondered if I was lucid dreaming. I told myself if this is a dream, my beloved daughter would be in her cot before flying across my room to view her cot, her cot was still empty. i then tried to "escape" my surroundings and try to see if I could travel anywhere but I snapped back again. This happened repeatedly twice more before it stopped. It would always stop when I tried to experiment too much or went too far.
OBE with interesting search for her deceased daughter.
265. Lisa L Experience 12/18/14 After taking our walk together he and I flew around in the sky playing and dancing as if we where two little kids having the time of their lives! At this point, he was my father. But then again, he wasn't; he was just a child to me when we were playing. We had a blast! I can’t remember ever having this much fun and feeling this free and full of so much love and peace! When it was time to go, he gently lowered me back down through what seemed to be clouds. It may seem so stereotypical, but that's what happened. He never said goodbye, but it was more of ‘I will see you later,’ all through telepathy, of course. We never used our mouths to speak…Next thing I knew I was back in my body.
Meditation experience with encounter with deceased father.
264. Neha Experience 12/7/14 From India the Journey was so fast really very rapid, I couldn't make a thought about it even, my mind was flying so rapidly in an all black space I guess it was universe but it was just dark and black with some blue white bright and faded flickering lines and dots, I couldn't see them clearly because I was travelling with the speed of light and racing of my thoughts I was going in an upward straight direction like wind flowing on randomly but toward a destination through a definite path, and there was a doorway at the end it was kind of a very big gate I it was burning like sun but all around was dark it was in round shape of red and orange color I guess it was sun I think that wasn't spreading light around it as I reached near to it
Hindu meditation experience after death of a friend.
263. Justin T Experience 11/22/14 At different times there have been deceased friends and family. At times ranging from any & everyone I have ever known that have passed, to no one. Then Jesus & angels. & at a few occasions a woman & two small children, a boy and girl, the girl seemed to be older & chasing the little boy. Something in side of me let me know that those were my children. & the woman, which I felt was my wife, her face was not clear.
Many meditation experiences.
262. Naomi C Experience 11/22/14 From Singapore Since the first sleep paralysis, I didn't know that I was actually in an OBE state, all I knew my body was super light and I was flying around the house, to the street , I seriously thought it was a dream. Until at a point it happened not just once. And it was just yesterday, OBE happened again, this is the first OBE I have since I got into Singapore. But I kind of fail at this one, once I'm out,, something, like a real human hand pulled me out of the bed, it dragged me (this is the second time it happened : the first time was when I was still in Indonesia) but then I hold on, and I realize that I wasn't out yet. IM still in my body, I'm totally conscious at the time, totally.
261. Wendy D Experience 11/1/2014 From the UK In those split seconds I braced myself for the impact of hitting the wall at the end of the bedroom, then the outer wall of the house, but no impact happened. I shot straight through the house walls and straight out into the dark night. I travelled with such a speed that within milliseconds I could see the light change and I could feel the warmth of being propelled over a hot country, like Africa. As soon as my mind had caught up with what was happening to me, I panicked. I didn't understand what was happening and I was afraid that something bad might happen to me. As soon as I panicked, I was back in bed in my physical body.
Meditation experience during storm.
261. Ian W Experience 10/18/2014 From Canada I had been studying for an exam in university. I was very tired and tried to meditate and hypnotize myself to sleep. I first felt very heavy and sank into the bed. Then I felt a part of me become very light and float out of my body and rise a above where I was laying. I was fully aware that I was alive. Whatever I thought happened instantly. I thought I want to go through the door and I did. I thought I want to go down the hall and I did. I then thought if I am not in my body could another entity enter it and WHAM, I was back in my body and shot straight up in bed.
Mediation experience with willed OBE component.
260. Kristen I Experience 10/11/2014 Through these clouds, I was looking down and I saw a coastal city in the bright sun. I thought it was Kobe, but it could have been any other city as well. I was looking around, and also back. From my back side, I saw a straight line, path, going from the end of the horizon until my feet. It was grayish, thin and very light in the texture. I wanted to know what would happen if I made a step. So I started walking and the path was “following me”. I do not know for how long this lasted. The next think that happened, I was back in my body, crying and in shock, not understanding what just happened. Interestingly, I was standing on my feet prior and post this event.
Meditation experience while visiting in Japan.
259. Jo B Experience 8/23/2014 Then one day in May 1990, as Ed and I were driving from the Florida Keys to Jacksonville, it happened. Ed was driving down the highway as I lazily dozed. I was not really asleep, but was in a kind of semi-hypnotic state of drowsiness. Suddenly I whipped out of my body and instantaneously found myself observing a small boy, barely beyond being a toddler, playing on the ground behind an old purple truck. The truck’s engine purred to life. Somehow I ‘knew’ that it was the child’s father in the truck. The entire realization took just a matter of seconds, and in those seconds I also 'knew' that the father did not know that his small son was playing behind the truck.
OBE starting from a dream with remarkable witness of a child being killed. Able to help child go to the light from what she learned during her own prior NDE.
258. Olivia D Experience 7/5/2014 Deep in meditation, I suddenly realized that I was floating in the ocean. I could hear the bowls that were being played but thought of them as buoys in the ocean. Then I felt myself rise up and break through into the Universe. I saw myself floating throughout the Universe. I was the size and shape of a bean. I had the most comfortable and loved feeling I have ever experienced. I knew that this was what death and afterlife was. I felt totally at peace.
257. Hannah M Experience 6/14/2014 From the UK. I was in a most beautiful state of being where there was no fear at all, only love. I was with a small group of beings (not sure of the exact number, around 5 or 6 is my best guess) - the beings were not in a solid form but made of colored mist, the colors I remember were blue and pink and peachy colors. My body was similarly not solid but misty. I knew I had to go somewhere - to Earth was my interpretation; I was not afraid but excited by the prospect; and I felt that the other beings (who felt something like a family or perhaps more like a 'soul group') were all supporting me and encouraging me. My grief was caused by the difference between my experience of this 'before incarnation' state and the 'embodied human' state - I longed for the state of blissful, fearless love which I had been in before.
Meditation experience at a Buddhist center in England.
256. Natalie S Experience 6/14/2014 I quickly found myself in 'the other side' (as I like to put it).. I was in a place of pure love and beauty. The landscape and colors were brighter than I had ever imagined. It was similar to the 'heaven' depiction of the film 'what dreams may come' starring Robin Williams. There were trees and mountains and a stream.. I felt complete connection with all around me and I felt pure love emanating from the landscape/energy... By the stream there 'hovered' a beautiful being. She was not human but she was beautiful... Angelic looking. She had long black hair and was wearing a white dress.
Meditation experience that appears to have led to her finding a small breast cancer.
255. Joline R Experience 5/17/2014 I heard a voice say "open your eyes". I tried to open my eyes but everything was blurry. Then I watched someone slap me across the face saying my name. I watched my head swing from one side to the next from being slapped. But I felt nothing. I watched as though I was face to face with myself. Someone flashed a light in my eyes. I heard people panic. A few people were around me, they were deciding who was going to give me mouth to mouth if I stopped breathing. One man drew blood and they had it analyzed for drugs. They put tiny stickers on my body attached to a scanner. On my forearms, chest and head. One man said, look at her eyes. All this time I kept losing my vision, so everything turned black, but I never lost the sounds.
Interesting meditation experience that included an OBE.
254. Marco Experience 4/5/2014 From Italy. Original in Italian, translated to English by Fran. At that moment, all of a sudden, I felt a strong feeling of lightness, I felt stuck and at the same time I was floating in the air. The strangest part of my experience was that I felt a slight feeling of happiness and amazement! as if I knew what was going on and where I was, despite I wasn't seeing anything yet around me, because the moment of transition from the dream to feel shapeless was so quickly, the most surprising thing was the fact that my mind was traveling at a breakneck speed… I knew, with my eyes still closed, I was in my room, that I was out of my body, and therefore there was something beyond the physical body and over the death.
253. Laurence B Experience 4/5/2014 I realized I was too concentrated on maintaining floating control that I didn't look at the environment and as soon as I reached the ceiling I began to descend and I new somehow it would soon be over, I cant describe the feeling of floating up and down to the ceiling and back , it was amazing, not dream like, very different to anything and the sense was it was truly happening, I was amazed at the "frame rate" of my vision, it seems I was perceiving the room moving super smooth past me as I floated down, that really stood out.
OBE while seeking to have an OBE.
252. Roger K Experience 4/5/2014 My first reaction was a thought, "Oh my God, I am not body". I continued to say the mantra, and my mouth felt odd, like it wasn't my mouth moving. My eye sight was like looking thru a pair of 2 foot long tubes and I was watching this from my location outside my body. I had the thought, "I wonder if I could have another thought?" and instantly, I had another thought. I did this three more times until I had four separate thoughts going, doing the mantra and watching the whole thing from outside of my body. Then a very powerful sensation of Joy, Love, and Bliss enveloped me and I felt omnipotent and omnipresent. I had the thought, "I wonder if I will go back into my body when I stop the meditation?", and then I stopped the meditation and was back in my body.
Meditation experience with OBE.
251. Michelle B Experience 4/5/2014 There were US military men and foreign military men that were leading the US troops in. I Was trying to talk to them and became frustrated that they could not see me. I then went into a camouflage dessert colored underground room. There was a map and lanterns on the table and about 5-7 high ranked officers. They were pointing out towns on a map, saying things like, "neutral area, escorts, and how many trucks were going in, should not be hostile area was evacuated." I tried talking to them as well but again I was ignored. I was then on a truck going with the soldiers there were large mounted guns, an each truck had 8-10 men on it. We were following a native military vehicle… The next morning on CNN they had said that the war had started. I turned and looked at the girl who was standing next to my bunk when I landed and while pointing at the TV I said "I was there!"
Remarkable meditation experience with OBE to beginning of the Desert Storm war while incarcerated.
250. Michelle Experience 3/23/2014 I went to sleep and had another experience of 'coming out of my body'. This time, I could feel my fingers and they felt stiff and I looked at myself sleeping but I did not see my face this time. I then laid back down and what seemed like some kind of swirl of energy? (I think), I left my living room where I had fallen asleep and was in a building that looked familiar. The building was old and I felt that I had been there before. It looked centuries old and I could not compare it to any time period that I have learned about in school. I then told myself that I wanted to go and see my cousin. I became really happy. I was not in a body, I was some kind of essence, and I remember mixing with my cousin's essence and realizing that we were one. I can not explain, but we are all one thing. I could feel that it was her, but I was 'mixed' with her, and I realized that we are all one. I was left very confused when I woke up. I may have the sequence of events incorrect as I could not feel time.
OBE dream with interesting content.
249. Jo S Experiences 3/2/2014 We were on a mountain, like in Pennsylvania, wooded and filled with brush. It was fall moving into winter, and the sky was gray and the colors very faded and brown. It was windy and I had on a jacket. I remember leaning over a cliff and just lost my balance. I remember falling frantically for a more sustained period then my short waking up falls. I don't remember ever hitting the ground. Next thing I know, I was in the most beautiful, spectacular garden with a white brick path and carefully pruned grass. I think there was a river at the edge, but I didn't focus much on that. The colors were so brilliant, and I felt such a sense of peace and joy. There was a small piano that was rainbow colored. I think there was a bird bath and birds, maybe bunnies too. I wanted to stay but I couldn't hold onto the image eventually.
Several OBEs starting as dreams.
248. Menatsea'h Experience 2/24/2014 From Madagascar. Original in French, translated to English by Marguy. Words are not enough to express this impression, of being in unity with the visible and invisible cosmos, starting with the tiniest particle, up to the distant projection of thought.
OBEs with some lucid dreams.
247. Tammy S Experience 2/23/2014 From France. A few seconds after I felt the energy I felt my whole body began to freeze and tingle and I didn't know what was happening. I remember feeling a bit frightful yet let go of the fear somehow. The next thing I knew I heard this loud tornado type noise and I was going through some sort of tunnel. On the other side there were about 50 light beings that appeared 'Casper the friendly ghost' like. They were all stacked on top of each other like they were on bleachers. There were no faces - just white light. I heard the sound of clapping yet I didn't see any clapping. I didn't know why they were clapping. I began to float past them all and I remember the feeling of looking intensively to see if I knew any of them. After I floated for a while looking I went back to this energy that talked to me - but have no idea what they said - and shortly after I remember the feeling of going back into my body. When I came to I knew this was something major.
Meditation experience in an unearthly realm.
246. Frank S Experience 1/19/2014 From the UK. At this point I just Stopped, I mean one-second I’m travelling at what seemed to be thousands of miles per hour, the next I’m not. But there was no transition period! One second I’m falling through this tunnel the next I’m not. I am just floating in space no longer in the tunnel. All around me are billions of stars. not like you would see when you look up at the night sky. These appeared to be yellow spheres all exactly the same size; same color (flame yellow) and appeared to be exactly the same distance apart, totally uniform. But what was odd I could see them all exactly the same. (“Sorry this is hard to explain ”) It didn’t matter how distant the stars were from me, I could see them all exactly the same. It’s though width and depth didn’t exist , yet I could perceive width and depth. I remember just looking at this beautiful scene.
Remarkable OBE during meditation experience.
245. Terry H Experience 12/13/2013 The second time I went out was some years later, I was working a job in Independence MO. It was the evening of Valentines Day, I was missing my wife and kids, so I thought I would go visit them in W. P MI., that night. The next morning at 6 a.m. I got a call from my wife, she said you need to talk to the boys. She said they came into our room looking for you, they thought you had come home. They said I had checked on them that night, so they knew I was home. They were disappointed I was not home. That was the longest trip I had made yet, and was very enlightening, as well as very scary.
Several interesting OBE experiences.
244. Dennis H Experience 11/23/2013 Physically, I knew what was taking place but could not communicate it to the others at the house and after a period of time I left to drive home. I do not remember driving home or anything else that happened to me from the time I said my goodbye's that evening until waking the following morning in my bed. I awoke that next morning with the memory of soaring with my impish companion over the earth and through the universe and experiencing the birth of galaxy's and deaths of older fragile galaxy's. I was shown many wondrous sites and experienced many un-explainable feelings. One memory I did retain was a futuristic foggy image of a hospital room with a concerned nurse named Anna and a technician named Gabe and the dark shadows allowing me to return to my body.
Entity encounter- with remarkable OBE journey.
243. Stephen R Experience 10/5/2013 I was so excited and my wife was scared. Then she got out to make a call, and when she put in a dime, coins poured out into her hands as well. When I saw that, tears started rolling down my face. When she god back into the car, I said - I have something to confess. I asked her about a certain night when they had chicken to eat with green beans, her Dad was wearing a white t-shirt sitting at the dinner table, I described what she was wearing, her brother was wearing, and what was on TV. She said, stop it - you're scarring me. I said, that's not all. Afterward I asked the "cosmic consciousness", whatever is out there, and if it was real, I want to see money literally pouring into my hands .. and my wife's also. I had almost forgotten about that, until I saw her at the pay phone. It dawned on me what I had asked for, and it had to wait till she came back for it to happen.
Remarkable OBE with verified observations at a far distance. Remarkable also that he asked for ‘cosmic consciousness’, if real, to see ‘money literally pouring into my hands’. And it happened.
242. Marcus Experience 9/292013 I fell asleep telling myself I would try to induce an out of body experience (OBE). I became consciously aware of my self while in a dream and sat up in bed. I stood up next to my bed and began to realize that I was separated from my body. My room was exactly as it is in reality. It was dark, the glow of a street light coming in from the window was there. It was very real. I turned to see myself lying in bed. I saw the blanket and the bed and my general form and then became very frightened and did not allow myself to look at my face. I tried to scream for my wife. I was paralyzed, unable to scream and closed myself out of the whole experience. I woke up after a few seconds of absolute terror calling my wife's name (she was in bed next to me).
Two induced OBEs.
241. Boone G Experiences 9/8/2013 Every time I was roof dreaming or playing hide and seek I was fully awake. Fully awake. Sometimes I would sit up there frustrated that I had no idea how to wake my family or neighbors. I had no idea what a UFO was. If I may have seen one back in 1965 on TV or magazine.....they probably were the std mid sixty type saucer UFO . The ones I saw were pretty much like the CE types. Note: as an adult I would wake in a dream and be stating at the exact same ships while standing in a field. I had no idea where I was..... I did not care either- too focused on the light ships.
Multiple OBEs starting at around age 7-8.
240. Damien R Experience 8/31/2013 From New Zealand. Through my heart I could feel a massive channel of pure energy coursing. I felt my body ''physical and emotional'' was still so dense and blocked by memories and limiting concepts. This denseness constrained the energy. Yet I felt it fully, perfectly. It was tremendously powerful, like a thick rope of solid energy running vertically through me. It was more than a feeling of love. It was knowing that I am love. I am energy. That is the nature underlying the mind and perceived reality. There was no separation. Only my mind had separated me. It was wonderful, extraordinary. It was the coming home I had yearned for all my life. "I", Damien, was still present like an observer but I knew that my so-called identity was not lasting or real, only words and images and feelings I had assumed for this lifetime.
Profound mediation experience.
239. Duana L Experience 8/31/2013 From Canada. There was an open door to my left that I had been instructed to go through but I hesitated because I was torn between the thought of my children and the immense feeling of peace, expansiveness and amazing well being that is impossible to describe, that I was experiencing in the small room. I did not want to leave that feeling. I knew I was instructed to go through the door but I knew there would be no returning to my children if I did. I hesitated and stayed in that room long enough that my husband spoke to me and when he did I was instantly back in the bed. I was mad that he had interrupted such a beautiful experience… It is possible that it was psychological but how could my husband initiate this through prayer?
Husband prayed, and she had an OBE.
238. John P Experiences 8/25/13 I was then in a very dark endless void, with a light in the upper left hand corner that is very hard to describe. It was very bright, but you could look at it and not hurt your eyes. there was also knowledge in the light, but I cannot really describe it. Then a being appeared to my right, which I could identify as make, however all I could see was the silhouette of the being, but I could sense it was a male. The being "said" to me, "Your father is going to die." The being more communicated it to me in a telepathic sense. I then snapped back into consciousness instantly and was very freaked out. I told a close friend about it within a few minutes, and called my mom back home the same day to relay the story to her. I also told her to tell my father to go to the doctor. He did not, and died of a massive heart attack a month later.
Meditation experience with OBE and premonition about the death of his father a month later.
237. Wendi C Experiences 8/18/13 The out of body experience occurs on waking. I am fully awake and aware. There are no bright lights, or anything which could be considered unusual. I am floating at ceiling level and, able to look down upon myself in bed. This lasts a short while, maybe, a couple of minutes, then I go back into my body. At this point, although I am in my body, I cannot move and, I cannot speak. I find this part frightening as, try as I might and despite a determination to move or, to cry for help from my husband, I cannot. This paralysis lasts for a few minutes. I then return to normal. I have no warning when these episodes will occur. They do not link in to any particular life event, illness, etc. I have experienced them over more than three decades, but not for the last couple of years. That said, the episodes happen in an irregular way and, sometimes with a number of years between them.
OBE dream with associated sleep paralysis occurring over decades.
236. Sam K Experiences 8/12/13 If I wanted to, I could feel the walls, the table, the window and everything outside the window. If I wasn't sensing it or feeling it, it was my choice. It was nice gentle feeling. A kind of mix of curiosity and a sense of wonder. A few minutes passed like that. I was relaxed, completely opened up mind in all directions. It cannot be described in words. It was experience of void. It was beyond good or bad. Then suddenly a thought/sensation/feeling arose inside me that it's not my time to be here yet. With that, I was almost pushed back into my mind, into my body and the body and mind functions began again.
Hindu meditation experience.
235. Ken G Experiences 5/26/13 I felt as though I was almost in a euphoric state and remembered every moment of the experience. Since I rarely remember a dream, I am certain I was fully awake. A couple of weeks later, I traveled back to her, I assume so she could demonstrate to me that I was not dreaming. I was able to travel pretty much at will, and even visited a neighbor's home on one occasion to try to validate that the experience was real. I witnessed an argument between my neighbor and his wife. The following week he told me they were divorcing. I tried to visit my sister on my own on one occasion. She met me half way and turned me around. The message I received from her was that would be the last time we saw one another.
Multiple OBEs with observations of earthly events and encounter with deceased sister.
234. Rosalie H Experiences 5/26/13 This continued to happen until I told someone, then never again. I've been thinking about it lately and trying to will it to happen, but no luck. The part of me that always made me skeptical of this, is that I would always hear water running, like the sound of the bath tub, and that was what would lure me to the door, because it was as if something was wrong with the water being on and a need to turn it off, but I wasn't able to ever get to it because the light would stop me. Every time I'd touch the light, it was like a forceful energy. Terrified me at the time, but I wish I could experience that again now that I am older, I'd experiment a bit.
Multiple recurring OBE dreams at around age 8.
233. Jessica P Experiences 5/5/13 I will have moments, where I start to feel like I'm watching a movie. Though, what I am doing is the movie. Almost an out of body experience. I am fully aware of what I am doing, however, I feel that I am watching myself do it. I feel like I can't remember what I was doing, who is around, or what I am supposed to do. Almost like my brain/memory is completely paralyzed. Even if I am doing things, such as cooking supper or driving a car. It's hard for me to recall what I was doing after the time of an 'occurrence', but I feel I was in a dream when I try and remember what I was doing. But when I am having an occurrence, I am fully aware that I am having one, but I feel like I'm in a movie. Some times I get scared during an occurrence. And after one, I almost feel depressed because I have had one. Like I missed some part of my life.
SOBEs, probably autoscopic experiences.
232. Bar Experience 5/5/13 I would come out and fly around room and go find mom and dad and fly around them or I would watch TV show wasn't supposed to see later to see things that hadn't happened yet it was like watching the day happen and then picking one moment to focus on and be a part of… watched episode of twilight zone above mom and dad and then told mom about it next day and what it was about.
Multiple OBEs as a child age 3-6.
231. Lissa C Experience 4/28/13 I especially felt the green at the last before I entered into the white vibrant light. I looked into the green and I saw grass, trees, and beautiful surroundings before I focused again on the white light. I kept moving foreword, because I was beckoned to keep on moving forward to this loving light. When I approached the light there was a very nice being right at the tip of the light who asked me " Would you like to come in?" At first I said Yes. The being I'm going to say "He" ... although.... I don't think he was a male or a female..... "He" was "both" ... just a "loving" being.... At first I wanted to enter like nothing more I ever wanted in my entire life...... Then, I suddenly remembered my son....
Meditation experience. Quite NDE-like.
230. Cary S Experience 4/14/13 I floated around my apartment about 2-3 ft. from the floor. I looked around my apartment for a few minutes and suddenly I could hear a car pass by on the street outside (through my physical ear). When I heard that car, this spirit body (or whatever you want to call it) dashed quickly through the wall of my apartment and outside. I saw a small four door white car drive by. Then I looked at the sky. It was the brightest, most beautiful blue I had ever seen. I looked at the grass. It was the same, but bright green. It was so bright and glowing. It was like I had stepped into a painting… I noticed the next day that one of my neighbors had a four door white car. I had never noticed them having that car before.
OBE associated with meditation.
229. Simon G Experience 3/23/13 Instantly the scenery changed and I was in a cave that opened up to what seemed to be miles above a huge pit of glowing fire and tortured souls. The feeling of absolute misery filled me. I asked her if this was hell. No, she replied. There is no preformed hell waiting for anyone. People who thought they should go to hell for their deeds would if they believed it. The same applied for those who believed they would go to heaven. She then began to explain the paradox of what I was seeing. Even though there was no heaven or hell awaiting anyone, we could create our own through our beliefs and expectations.
OBE Into beautiful realm, and was shown hellish realm.
228. Hunter R Experience 3/23/13 Then, a velvet/burgundy sheet-like plane could be seen to my side, and it began to make sine wave like patterns. Once again it was vast and everywhere I looked I saw it. The sheet-like plane was within my own body, and was giving me a sensation of warmness, and complete bliss. In that moment I realized what true bliss felt like, and how truly connected I was with the universe. After awhile in this state of bliss, I could start to faintly hear my heart beat, as if it was calling me back to my body, so I began to feel a sensation of floating down, back into this reality, and eventually into my body. I could literally feel myself reentering my body, I felt like a feather falling from the sky.
Meditation experience with interesting content and insights.
227. Crystal M Experiences 3/18/13 So the first event was in Peru at an ayahuasca retreat, we were on dieta which means no salt sugar or oil and very plain foods, usually white. I didn't take ayahuasca and I was just meditating and I nearly touched the ceiling while floating I was scarred and tensed up and came back to my body. There was a deep sucking sound while floating up. I felt numb and cold when I got down. I did a breathing exercise to initiate that state. Breathe into each body part and feel it sink 3 rounds of this to float away. Second experience, on ayahuasca and dieta night time. Vomiting. Shut eyes and see kaleidoscope world with dancing Buddhas thousands moving, some stepping in a circular dance… In the same OBE I have sex with my ex bf he acts towards me as I had acted towards him near the end of the relationship.
Several OBEs. One associated with consuming ayahuasca.
226. Hannah P Experience 3/14/13 From Australia. Automatically I directed my focus towards each person sitting on their chair, and large balls of fire blew out of my stomach like cannon balls and covered each person in light. This happened for all the people present, after which I draw my consciousness back into myself. Even no words were spoken; there seemed to be some form of communication between me and the Light Being. We were still standing joined at the hands, when all of a sudden I knew it was time to depart. We moved slowly away from each other, and I became aware of the tunnel behind me. I stepped into it...somehow entered my lifeless body and made my way up the passageway into the cave.
Very detailed meditation experience.
225. Lorraine R Experiences 2/16/13 I even have what I call "trigger" sensations while in the hypnogogic state, I recognized the sensations and am usually able to leave my body at will. Interestingly though, several years ago around 2002/2003 I went through a phase of a span of about 2 to 3 years of having intense OBEs multiple times a week, and sometimes multiple times per night. But over the years and currently they have become less frequent (or my awareness of them have decreased). It's almost like I "been there, did that" kind of thing, almost as if I needed to have those experiences at that time in my life. I accept and embrace the OBE experience for what it is, very real to me and a life/belief changing experience.
Multiple OBEs dreams over decades since the age of 5.
224. Bard A Experiences 2/9/13 In the Spring of 1960, I saw my body in my bed as I rose above my bed and then out the Window and I kept rising up and up watching my home and neighborhood and the land where I lived in getting smaller until I actually rose above the Earth looking at Earth, then I found myself entering a very very beautiful landscape of rolling hills, lots of Greenery of plants, trees, and colorful flowering plants, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, it was very very awesomely beautiful, but then I pondered why I did not see any living creatures at all, anywhere. I felt very lonesome. Next I was back in my body, and I pondered about what I saw, I loved what I saw, but it seemed so lonely. Is this place, and I wondered if this beautiful place was prepared for future living beings.
OBEs dreams that are very detailed.
223. Cindy F Experiences 1/29/13 When he (Jesus) came back, he asked me if I was ready to go, and I consented. He told me that he was going to take me back to Earth. Either we linked arms or he took my hand, and he flew me back to Earth. He seemed to have been short and thin, maybe with short, dark hair and perhaps he had wings. Come to think of it, when he had been instructing me earlier he may have been holding one of those pointer sticks that teachers sometimes hold when pointing out things that are written on the board; but again, I really can't say for sure what he looked like. Anyway, the Earth looked like a blue sphere, and I could see the gaseous, hazy glow of the atmosphere. The Earth appeared larger and larger as we steadily flew closer and closer, and once we hit the atmosphere, I returned to my physical body in the mind-awake/body-asleep state of consciousness.
Amazing couple of OBE experiences!
222. Terri Experience 1/27/13 Then the being left me and I began to fly, it was as if I was able to adapt to anything I wanted to do. When I hit the water, Gills formed along my jawline and I was able to breathe under water and swim like I belonged there and all at once I was able to soar in the air and the fins that I had under water became wings in the air. I flew over a planet that had no trees or grass but was mostly water and had a bluish tone to the atmosphere. I flew like a bird to a cave that was mine and all of the vines and water knew exactly what I needed there. They produced what my body needed.
Meditation with interesting experience.
221. Child Experience 1/19/13 I then decided that I would try to make myself float on my own. I sat on the floor cross-legged, closed my eyes and started to meditate, until I could no longer feel my body mass. From complete darkness there was a dot of light, then all of a sudden the whole area was filled with a room of bright light. I still had my eyes closed. All of a sudden I felt as though I was floating in this room. It was the most liberating feeling ever to be free floating about. I was aware that there was someone else in the room, but didn't know who. I was also aware that I had a physical body that I was separate from, but also connected to. My senses were telling me to hurry and return to my body before it was too late, otherwise I might not be able to get back to it.
Meditation experience at the age of 5.
220. Terri M Experience 1/14/13 I felt light, and I noticed I didn't feel the need to take a breath. I took one, but I didn't need it. So I decided not to take another. The next thing I remember is an indescribable feeling of peace, and the sensation of floating. It was the most pleasurable feeling I have ever had, so I opened my eyes, fully conscious of my surroundings. Nothing was out of place in my room. I had the shades drawn but they allowed enough light in to see clearly. I could hear cars going by on the road, my dog outside the door pawing to come in. And that's when I looked down on myself, and realized I was "up here" and "down there" at the same time. I wasn't sure what "I" was--I had no sense of a form, but I sure knew what I was looking down on. My physical body was sitting cross-legged on the bed, motionless. I heard the dog bark and the next thing I knew I was looking out of my own two eyes from my sitting position on the bed. I was trembling and felt fearful. I have never been able to meditate since. The experience left me sure of two things: It was NOT a hallucination, and if this is what death is like, it will not be painful… It was joy and peace and love all mixed together, but those words seem a hollow abstraction next to the direct experience.
OBE during meditation.
219. Paul K Experience 1/5/13 At that moment I saw some sort of tunnel and began to journey through, as I recall, there seem to be souls of people that new me or were there to guide me, not sure. Then I saw a brilliant light, warm and inviting, all consuming, all knowing. It knew everything about me, I needed not to speak but communicated none the less. As that encounter ended I found myself leaving the ship and my body, drawing away at a steady pace, seeing the ship and its trail in the moonlight. As I headed away, I remember thinking, " I hope I can find my way back". I kept moving over the water at a height of what felt like 50 or 100 ft. Not sure. No idea where I was going and how much time had passed,,, soon I came over a beach and up and over a boardwalk and came to rest outside the stone pony, Asbury park NJ. I waited for someone to open the door and I went in. It was like I was being shown around the place, looking at all the people as I passed but not being acknowledged . As I studied my surroundings, I came across one table that my girlfriend was seated at with some friends. At that moment I knew she was the purpose of my journey and I became frightened I would not be able to find my body or my ship, after all, it had been steadily moving across a lot of water.
Meditation experience with OBE that proved to have accurate observations.
218. Neil N Experience 1/5/13 First of all there was a wind like sound, and it felt like I was sucked or pulled out of my body. I heard unearthly music, I heard beings talking, my name was called out. I was surrounded by darkness but unafraid. As I looked at my hands and arms all I could see was stars or points of light. Throughout the experience it felt like I was floating and being lead to my destination. And finally I saw an indescribably bright light, which was radiating so much unconditional love it was so hard to fathom that such love exist. And strangely enough this place felt very familiar. As I continued to look at the light, it became evident this was a being shinning with such brilliance. I felt drawn to it, and it had both arms outstretched as if to embrace me. And just as I was about to hug the being, I felt the same wind like sound and I was pulled back to my body.
OBE. Very NDE-like and transformative.