when I was 19 years old I came home one day and went to my bedroom. I laid on the floor and began to feel sad and hopeless about life, which was not that unusual for me then. I also became angry at God for letting me feel this was and started cursing him. I was never a very religious person, didn't go to church, and wasn't even sure there was a God. my sudden 'depression' continued until was even too depressed to even care about suicide which crossed my mind. I felt dead to everything. I was conscious the entire time with my eyes closed laying on the bedroom floor, and don't think I feel asleep.
then suddenly, another consciousness entered my body, separate from my own. it was shocking but I was not afraid. instead I felt a overwhelming sense of peace, and love, and acceptance. this other consciousness seemed to completely fill me and we seemed to occupy the same space, as if we where one, but there was me and it together but separate. then this other being said "I love you". that was shocking too but by then I had been in the wonderful presence of this being for a while and it made sense when it spoke about love, since that's all I was feeling then. not just a human love but an all penetrating love, almost narcotic but much more powerful. it was the best feeling I had ever had in life, far greater than anything since or after.
then suddenly I was out of my body with this being and traveling through what appeared to be deep space in utter darkness with only celestial objects visible in the distance like stars. all the time the being never told me who it was, although I remember just assuming it was God, or something like that, and I never felt the need to ask. the overwhelming feeling of peace, love, and acceptance continued throughout this experience. there I was seemingly light years away from earth in space in darkness looking at distant stars, but I wasn't cold, or in pain, or uncomfortable at all. I felt great! I remember feeling omnipresent and individual at the same time, like I was everywhere but also at one point at the same time. after some time I looked at a star in the distance seemingly light years away and thought I wanted to go there to see if I could. suddenly I felt enormous acceleration, but no friction if you know what I mean, and in less than the blink of an eye, I was at that star. it was amazing that I could move anywhere I could see in the universe(?) instantly. I did this over and over again picking a light in the distant then thinking to go there, and almost instantly was there after a kind of 'swoosh' feeling. there was no tunnel or light at the end in my experience. I was not dying nor felt like was going to die. I was just experiencing some supernatural state of existence in complete peace, love, and acceptance. the being that had taken me there seemed somewhere around but no longer specifically only in me. I don't remember it speaking to me again during this journey. after a while, I remember I stopped traveling wherever I wanted and suddenly I was back in my body lying on the bedroom floor.
I opened my eyes and I laid there remembering the experience for a while reliving it now in my memory. I don't remember waking up from a sleep or nap, like we normally do, so I knew it wasn't a dream. after a while I simply got up and left my bedroom and wondered, what just happened? for several weeks after that, especially while driving my car, I remember the same being or like being, talking with me while I drove. nothing in particular, but just kind of a reminder of the experience so I didn't forget it. after that, I never did forget it, and have thought about it everyday of my life.
3. Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words? no.
4. At the time of this experience, was there an associated life threatening event? no If yes, describe.
5. What was your level of consciousness and alertness during the experience? high Was the experience dream like in any way? no.
6. Was there any medical evidence of cessation of breathing or heart function? no
7. Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? definitely yes If yes, describe your appearance or form apart from your body. omnipresent and singularity at same time.
9. What emotions did you feel? overwhelming peace, loved, accepted Please include your feelings, if relevant, to events you describe in your answers to the following questions.
10. Did you hear any unusual sounds or noises? heard a voice say "I love you" clear as day, heard/felt a "swoosh" sound/feeling when moving large distances.
11. Did you pass into or through a tunnel or enclosure? no.
12. Did you see a light? not like commonly referred to.
13. Did you meet or see any other beings? yes.
Did you learn anything you did not have previously know? yes. there is life apart from the body, there is a God or God like being, life is much better there than here.
15. Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events occurring while you were unconscious that could be verified later? no.
17. Did you have any sense of altered space or time? yes.
18. Did you have a sense of knowing universal order and/or purpose? yes. being there is knowing there, feels like home.
19. Did you reach a boundary or limiting physical structure? no.
20. Did you become aware of future events in your life? no.
21. Were you involved in or aware of a decision regarding your return to the body? no.
22. Did you have any psychic or paranormal gifts following the experience you did not have prior to the experience? not sure, it was life changing.
23. Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the Experience? definitely If yes, describe. see 14.
24. How has the Experience affected your relationships? more understanding/acceptance of others differences, less judgmental. no, other than prayer for guidance and thanks to God daily. Career choices? not sure, I became a physician.
25. Have you shared this experience with others? no.
26. What emotions did you feel experience following your experience? shock, confusion, initially, then acceptance and appreciation later.
27. What was the best and worst part of your Experience? the overwhelming feeling of love and acceptance was best, discovering there was a God or God like being was pretty cool, having to return was worst.
29. Following the Experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? basically no
30. Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your Experience? not bad.
31. Please offer any suggestions you may have for these questions to help us understand spiritual spectrum experiences? I find that the most memorable part of my experience these past 41 years was the overwhelming feel of love and acceptance during the experience. There's nothing like it on earth. I use this memory as kind of a screen when I hear other OBEs or NDES, especially those artificially created in labs. when this is missing or not emphasized by the person I really question what they experienced because many people do confuse other things with the real thing.
32. Is there anything else you would like to add concerning the experience or any aspect of the circumstances surrounding it? Please offer any suggestions you may have for this form that would help us or others in our mutual search to understand the experience in the spectrum of spiritual experiences? the main thing I strongly recommend to scientists researching OBES/NDES is to scientifically document the experience. there should be a completely objective, non spiritual approach to this research. that's the only way traditional science will acknowledge it, which needs to done to get to the general public in a rational way. folks like Dr. Sam Parnia and others are trying to do this. if you can do that you will change the world. for OBES we need to be able to have the subject go to next door while OBE and see/read a random object there then return to their body and accurately report to the researcher. this should not be hard to do if persons who have controlled OBES are real. for NDES, a large obvious random object should be placed in the patient room after death so the people dying can see/read it before returning to their body. this object should be removed before resuscitation and members of the resuscitation cannot see the patient again before results are documented by another researcher not involved with the resuscitation. if these kind of scientific test can be successfully done we will change the world for the better. good luck.
Thank you again for your willingness to share your spiritual spectrum experience! If you know any other experiencers, please encourage them to share their experience as well.