Boris Z's Experience
1. Please provide the events surrounding your experience including the approximate date and location. Please include your gender, current age and highest levels of education. Were there any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience? Were you knowingly attempting to end your life?
It was a dream that occurred at night during regular sleep, It happened back in 2000.
Male, 47, MBA from Northeastern. No medications or other substances. Not attempting to end my life.
3. Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words? Yes, very much If yes, What was it about the experience that makes it hard to communicate?
Well I do believe I visited the other realm. Heavenly realm is more difficult to describe. Probably because it’s much more “other” in comparison to the reality we exist here than the hellish realm (unfortunately I have experienced that too, but not sharing it publicly, at least not for now – that seems to be the inevitable conclusion). It’s just that human language is not adequate for describing the qualities of the heavenly realm. I took me many years to put this on paper and it’s still just a very poor version of the real experience -doesn’t do any justice at all, not even close.
The reason I was putting it off for so long is also related to this mismatch between the ability to describe it and experience itself – it unfortunately devalues the experience, robs it of its authenticity.
4. At the time of this experience, was there an associated life threatening event? No
5. What was your level of consciousness and alertness during the experience? Was the experience dream like in any way? Yes – dream like
6. Was there any medical evidence of cessation of breathing or heart function? No
7. Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body? No
8. Describe in detail the events (in order) that happened. Please see the attached file
9. What emotions did you feel? Please include your feelings, if relevant, to events you describe in your answers to the following questions.
I felt just pure joy (poor way to say it –but as close as I can get to it) and awe at being at this place. Also the feeling of great honor of being there – fully aware that it’s not granted to everyone living
10. Did you hear any unusual sounds or noises? Not much in terms of auditory sensations, more visual, but yes – people were talking there
11. Did you pass into or through a tunnel or enclosure? No
12. Did you see a light? If yes, describe. Yes (please refer to the attachment)
13. Did you meet or see any other beings? If yes, describe. Where were they? Did you know them? What was communicated? Yes (please refer to the attachment)
14. Did you experience a review of past events in your life? No
Did you learn anything you did not have previously know? Please provide details. Did you learn anything that helps you live your life now? Well, not directly.
It does seem I started attending some sort of class, but wasn’t able really to fully comprehend what was said. My attention span (or energy level) was limited.
15. Did you observe or hear anything regarding people or events occurring while you were unconscious that could be verified later? How did you verify this?
If this is a question about validation – yes. In fact - incredible validation of my dream
16. Did you see or visit any beautiful or otherwise distinctive locations, levels or dimensions? Yes (please refer to the attachment)
17. Did you have any sense of altered space or time? Yes
18. Did you have a sense of knowing universal order and/or purpose No I didn’t get to that level
19. Did you reach a boundary or limiting physical structure? If no, did you have a sense of what would happen if you did cross the boundary? No
20. Did you become aware of future events in your life?
If yes, describe. Based on your life following the spiritual spectrum experience, how accurate was this awareness?
21. Were you involved in or aware of a decision regarding your return to the body? If yes, describe, including your emotions at that time. No
22. Did you have any psychic or paranormal gifts following the experience you did not have prior to the experience? If yes, describe. No
23. Did you have any changes of attitudes or beliefs following the Experience? If yes, describe. Well, I do believe in the afterlife. It’s hard for me to say if this particular dream prompted it.
I had a few dream visits from my deceased grandfather – very real.
And in general I was always leaning towards the belief in eternal life of the spirit etc.
24. How has the Experience affected your relationships? Daily life? Religious practices etc.? Career choices? No, at least I’m not aware how and if it had any affect.
25. Have you shared this experience with others? If yes, What were their reactions? Were they influenced in any way by your Experience? How?
Yes, with my wife, with a couple of friends. Reaction was – wow. You are so lucky.
26. What emotions did you feel experience following your experience? I felt very good, I was in awe a few days after and I’m still in awe – it’s unforgettable.
27. What was the best and worst part of your Experience? The whole experience was the best thing. There was no bad part in it.
28. Is there anything else you would like to add concerning the Experience? No please refer to the attachment
29. Following the Experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience? No I wasn’t able to get back to that place
30. Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your Experience? Probably yes – it would be helpful, but please understand I had it written up before I answer the questions
31. Please offer any suggestions you may have for these questions to help us understand spiritual spectrum experiences? I have to think about this
32. Is there anything else you would like to add concerning the experience or any aspect of the circumstances surrounding it? Please offer any suggestions you may have for this form that would help us or others in our mutual search to understand the experience in the spectrum of spiritual experiences? No