Avadhesh's Experience

OBERF Home Page
Experience Stories
Share Experience (Web Form)

Experience description:   

I will like to narrate the background before the experience. I started meditation in Nov 2003. After around two months, one of my friends advised me to do my meditation early in the morning say around 4 AM. I followed his advice and started my meditation session early in the morning. I started putting the alarm on. After getting up early, I used to do my meditation and then used to go back to sleep. While trying to sleep, the process of meditation was continued and during that state only I used to doze off into sleep. Normally, I had around one to two hours of sleeping time after meditation. 

The first experience came on the third day of starting early morning meditation. On that day, soon after lying on the bed, I started hearing a buzzing sound in my head. It started as if some storm was gathering at a distance. Soon it started gathering momentum and the sound became louder and louder. Somehow, I had a thought in my mind that it all was happening only in the mind and actually there was no storm, so there was no need to worry. However, the buzzing sound kept on increasing  and at one point it became unbearable. At that time I started feeling scared wondering where it would stop. At that time there was no feeling or thought of body and thought of getting up to end the experience did not occur to me. I started praying to Him to take care of whatever was happening to me. Soon the intensity of buzzing sound started coming down and then it stopped. At that time I realized that my heart was pumping at the normal rate. It appeared strange to me because after a scary dream normally heart beat is much faster and is accompanied by sweating and emotion of fear etc. There was nothing of that sort and I was fully calm. Soon after that I drifted into sleep. 

It again happened after two days and on that day I also saw some white golden lights. They were many and were sort of dancing in the view of closed eyes. After two three days, while going to sleep after meditation, I felt vibrations starting from the navel area going up. Vibrations appeared to be strong. All these experience happened during the state between waking and sleep. Over a period of next two months, I felt vibrations and the buzzing sound, on an average, once every week. However, with every experience, intensity of buzzing kept on decreasing and intensity of vibrations kept on increasing. Until now, both the experiences i.e. vibrations and buzzing never happening together. Thereafter, nothing happened for around three months. During this period I stumbled upon information relating to OBE etc on internet and in some books and started relating my experience with the description given in them. 

Then, around after three months, One day, during early morning hours, the same experience struck again. This time it was really forceful. Both the experiences i.e. loud buzzing sound and strong vibrations started. The vibrations were very strong and they appeared to rip through my torso. I felt as if I was going to die. I remember trying to catch hold of my thigh. I could feel the touch through hands but there was no sensation of body through legs and torso. It felt as if my body had disappeared. I went on for some time, how long, I don't know. Then I drifted to deep sleep. 

Nothing happening next day, but after two days, the experience returned. This time vibrations were slightly of different kind, they started at the feet and went  up to head. The vibrations were of the type which happen when we tie a rope at one end and shake it at the other end. These vibrations are different from a wave in a pond which are slow. Rope vibrations are of much higher amplitude, fast and are much more strong. My body appeared to tremble like a rope tied  at one end and being shaken at the other end. At that time I was thinking that the body which is shaking must be he internal astral body. Then I suddenly felt as if my head was drifting toward right and my feet were drifting towards left. So my body started spinning, with navel as the center, counter clock wise slowly. I felt this drifting till I felt that I was lying at right angle to my physical body. I was also conscious that the drifting body must have been internal astral body and not the physical body. Then it again drifted back and aligned with physical body. During this phase,  I heard as if some one was calling me by my name from the gate of my flat. Then analysis started. I thought that the voice must not be of the guard of the building, as he would not call me by my name. Only one of my friends could be calling me, but why he is calling instead of pressing the call bell switch. So the voice must be coming from within or from some where else and there is no one at the door. So I did no get up to open the door and drifted into sleep. I happened only last week.  I am waiting for the next experience. I hope it would be more elaborate. 

Avadhesh , India

Any associated medications or substances with the potential to affect the experience?     No

Was the kind of experience difficult to express in words? No

What was your level of consciousness and alertness during the experience?           I was conscious of the happening. It was not a dream. I was able to relate the experience with whatever I have read about the phenomenon.

Was the experience dream like in any way?   Not at all.

Did you experience a separation of your consciousness from your body?     Yes

Separation was partial as described earlier.

Has your life changed specifically as a result of your experience?         Yes

Fear of death has come down.

Have you shared this experience with others?         No

Following the experience, have you had any other events in your life, medications or substances which reproduced any part of the experience?         No

Did the questions asked and information you provided accurately and comprehensively describe your experience?               Yes