Jena's Experience

OBERF Home Page
Experience Stories
Share Experience (Web Form)

Experience description:   

It occurred during the month of August '81 or '82 while in a "sleep state" but, it is far more vivid than anything I have ever consciously experienced, far more vivid than this glassy faced monitor that sits before me.  There has not been a waking day since, when I have failed to remember.  I found myself naked, sitting at a stone table, as if "something" had just finished.  Women were chanting incantations and tapping together small stones inscribe with symbols, hieroglyphics.  I was given such a small rounded rock upon which a pictoglyph was painted, but I could not interpret what was written.  Frightened, I was shaking and perspiring.  My body was covered with sores or burns.  I was cold and offered a wrap.  I was offered food and drink, but only accepted drink, because I was very thirsty and could not eat.  After I was more relaxed a very tall man, a priest wearing a white robe appeared to perform the ritual.  He was significantly taller than the others.  Although the priest had performed this ritual thousands of times, this was the first of this particular, unique nature.  I was taken, disrobed, anointed with a soothing balm and immersed into a stone sarcophagus, which had been filled with soothing warm water.  A lock of my hair was cut and kept by them.

I was then nailed upon a cross and suspended in the air.  As the cross swung through the dark abyss I was frightened, so very, very afraid.  All that I could think to do was to cry out and keep repeating. "I love my Lord, Jesus.  Oh, how I love my Lord, Jesus.  I love Jesus."  The most beautiful, mellifluous voice that one could imagine, so very, very beautiful answered, "I am here.  I have always been here, within you."  It was the loving, reassuring voice of a parent for  his small child, the voice of the wind rustling through the tall grasses.  Overcome with a profound sense of beauty and peace, I experienced the gentle mist of a beautiful April morning.

I then came down from the cross and was once again with the others.  Given a white robe, they washed my feet and I signed some papers.  They asked me what I learned and I told them that, " The end is very, very near."  They were very sad and began to weep and I told them not to be sad, for this has been our purpose and what we have been preparing for so long.  I led them in song and a banquet was prepared.  A woman commented that this was, indeed a most unusual ceremony.  She, as well as the others had felt His presence. 

There were more rituals, the results of which were recorded in a large book, kept by the priest.  I was given gifts and told that I would know how to use them when time necessitated.  I responded, "How will I know?"  "You will know.  You will be given a sign."  "But, I don't understand your signs.  If a butterfly should alight upon the branch of a willow, I don't know what that means."  "You will know.  Just like the earth knows it shall rain tomorrow."

As they were ushering me out, we passed an antechamber where they administer to those who are dying.  They said that when we die, they hover about us to comfort and console.  "What you call people, we call time."  They said that near the end, Tim would take me to place where Mormons dwell.  (This is the strange part which I now am experiencing.)

There is considerably more, which I shall forgo at this time.  The clock struck 3 A.M. and I found myself with a pronounced THWACK, a strong jolt to the solar plexus back inside my body.  As I was leaving them, I had clenched my fist, as I held hands with one.  Upon my abrupt awakening, I found inside my hand a little piece of silver paper, torn as if from the inside of a gum or cigarette wrapper.  Numerically imprinted upon the paper was the day, month and year of my birth.  I immediately awakened Tim, a basic skeptic and he assured me that, yes, that was what was written.  Even to this day, I will ask if he had actually seen the tiny piece of paper and he strongly confirms the experience.